VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have an interlaced video that I can't seem to convert properly to 23.976p. The first clip is all jerky and gets a framerate of 35.5fps if I try to fieldmatch or deinterlace it. The second clip looks fine with TFM(order=1, slow=2), but the output is still 25(.28)fps. Time duration tells me the videos aren't sped up. Can anyone help me?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. AssumeTFF()
    TFM()
    TDecimate(mode=7, rate=23.976024)

Also, never base your script on the opening credits. Shots are often sped up or slowed down to match the theme music.
    Last edited by jagabo; 22nd Aug 2017 at 09:25.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    AssumeTFF()
    TFM()

Also, never base your script on the opening credits. Shots are often sped up or slowed down to match the theme music.
    It still speeds up and slows down randomly, even after the intro. When it does, it also shows a lot of combing:
    [Attachment 42898 - Click to enlarge]

I've added a longer clip (first minute) with audio (ab (1).mkv). The second one is my output.
    My script:
    Code:
    ffvideosource("ab (1).mkv")
    AssumeTFF()
    TFM()
    Spline36Resize(1024,576)
    Crop(4,2,0,0)
    Trim(70,999999)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    You have mostly Euro pulldown in the first cartoon (2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:3) but it's not very consistent and changes at background boundaries. Not sure what's going on in the second cartoon; the blended frames come in much shorter runs and there's not enough motion to really catch it.

Have you tried TDecimate Mode 4 to create a metrics file and then Mode 2 to work on it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your main problem isn't with TFM/TDecimate. It's with ffvideosource. Use LWlibavVideoSource (LSMASH) instead. There's still an occasional dup and skipped frame. Adding maxndl=24 to the TDecimate parameters might help.

The other problem (the picture in your post) is from poor encoding. Get a better source.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Your main problem isn't with TFM/TDecimate. It's with ffvideosource. Use LWlibavVideoSource (LSMASH) instead. There's still an occasional dup and skipped frame. Adding maxndl=24 to the TDecimate parameters might help.

The other problem (the picture in your post) is from poor encoding. Get a better source.
    Thanks, that fixed it!
    Quote Quote