VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello friends, I have a set top box recorded 'ts' file. I can't play it on PC but it plays on STB. The file is unable to convert to any other formats. The encoders shows error.
    I have tried different softwares and also tried online converters.
    The file and associated folder are given in zip file.
    Please help me

STB : CHANGCHONG
    MY COUNTRY: INDIA
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by sarathkumar; 21st Aug 2017 at 23:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's probably encrypted to prevent you from playing it on anything but the PVR machine. What brand and model number is the PVR and probably more important which country as different countries have different laws regarding encryption. For example in Australia PVR's don't need to be encrypted so brands like Topfield and Beyonwiz are free of this restriction whilst more of the big brands like LG are.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Someone who really knows may make a comment but I'm sure I read in a previous post India mandates encryption. MediaInfo doesn't show any information on the file so I guess the only way to get it onto your PC would be via a video capture device and playing it in real time.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote