VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi to everyone.I have a problem with an AVI file.I was recording a game for my pc with bandicam with this settings:
    Codec:RGB24
    Bitrate:4000kbps
    Quality:90
    When I was recording the game was running pretty fine.The problem is that when i open the avi file ,that I've recorded, it lags.
    I tried to record with different settings,and If i set a different Codec the avi file donesn't lag.But i need the previous video,how I should fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The video codec cannot be RGB24. RGB24 is a colorspace, not a codec. Look again, or use MediaInfo in Text View on one of your recordings to obtain information regarding its codec.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like you captured uncompressed video using the RGB24 colorspace. Uncompressed means no codec (compression) was used. The MediaInfo report shows the actual bitrate, 175 Mbps (175000 kbps). If you look at your capture settings, bitrate and quality settings are unavailable.

I don't know how to fix your existing file, but I can guess what the problem is. Capturing uncompressed HD video successfully requires HDDs in a raid array or an SSD. There were probably a lot of dropped frames in your capture, which would cause the video and audio to loose synchronization.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  4. So,i can't fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Your hard drive isn't fast enough to store uncompressed RGB at the resolution your running at (>300 MB/s). Use a fast lossless compression codec like UT Video Codec. That will compress the video enough for the hard drive to handle. Or record at a lower resolution and/or frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Uncompressed RGB24 would be >300MBytes per second at the given resolution and fps. But weirdly, OP's media info is reporting 175Mbits per second which is like ~20MBytes per second. Anyway Bandicam does support external VFW codecs like ones used in Virtualdub, like UT Video for RGB as already mentioned.

https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/vfw-x264-xvid-divx-h264-codec/
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Uncompressed RGB24 would be >300MBytes per second at the given resolution and fps. But weirdly, OP's media info is reporting 175Mbits per second which is like ~20MBytes per second. Anyway Bandicam does support external VFW codecs like ones used in Virtualdub, like UT Video for RGB as already mentioned.

Sorry,but I'm very stupid.What does it mean?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Your hard drive isn't fast enough to store uncompressed RGB at the resolution your running at (>300 MB/s). Use a fast lossless compression codec like UT Video Codec. That will compress the video enough for the hard drive to handle. Or record at a lower resolution and/or frame rate.
    I will try that,but I must fix my old clip :/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by delgaucho View Post
    Originally Posted by KarMa View Post

Sorry,but I'm very stupid.What does it mean?
    Probably means most of the RGB video frames were not saved, which would account for the massive bitrate difference. If true then only like 1 in 15 frames were saved. This is just me guessing and I don't really know.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by delgaucho View Post
    I must fix my old clip :/
    Open it and step through frame by frame (the e key in VLC). Do you get equal motion between frames? If not you probably won't be able to fix the old recording(s).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Aaaaaand i can't fix that.Well,i will try a different soultion.Thanks to all of you!
    Quote Quote