VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by eday_2010 View Post
    That doesn't work. When you put the m3u8 link in the URL bar it downloads a 2KB file.
    If you have some sort of aversion to using youtube-dl on the command line, YouTube-DLG (as mentioned in post #2) works fine with the m3u8 urls from the new cdn (uplynk).

Just install YouTube-DLG, or use the portable version. YouTube-DLG will automatically download the newest youtube-dl.exe binary for windows.

Then just paste the uplynk m3u8 url into YouTube-DLG, and then start. The highest quality is downloaded by default.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using youtube-dl I have captured most of the available TOH episodes that are not Insider episodes. Being in lockdown because of Coronavirus has meant I have had plenty of time to seach for m3u8 urls but I am a novice at this game and have had no success. It needs someone better than me to crack it. Have picked up some episodes off torrent sites but lack seasons 14 to 26. Good forum, thanks for the advice and help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Looking at "This Old House" website, it seems that you can only watch (download) the last 3 seasons for free from their website. Older seasons can be watched for $10/month. I don't know if the older shows (that require payment) would be as easy to download as the free shows.
    ThisOldHouse.com – Current (season 41) and three most recent seasons (seasons 38-40) of This Old House and Ask This Old House
    ThisOldHouse.com/Insider – Every season and every episode of This Old House and Ask This Old House exclusively for Insider members.
    Last edited by jimdagys; 4th Apr 2020 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by The Monk View Post
    Using youtube-dl I have captured most of the available TOH episodes that are not Insider episodes. Being in lockdown because of Coronavirus has meant I have had plenty of time to seach for m3u8 urls but I am a novice at this game and have had no success. It needs someone better than me to crack it. Have picked up some episodes off torrent sites but lack seasons 14 to 26. Good forum, thanks for the advice and help.
    I have insider and am willing to share what i can scrape. PM me
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does anyone have an updated url list for the Ask This Old House episodes? I downloaded eday_2010's awesome spreadsheet from mega but it seems they are now using zype and the links are obsolete. Over the past few months, I had tried several times as a test using YouTube-DL GUI but it always failed so I assumed the links were broken. I took a crack using the command line tool though and was able to find the url of free episodes and downloaded using the tool. If I had the urls behind the Insider paywall, then I think I could grab them.
    Quote Quote  
  6. This Old House - Complete Series: https://pastebin.com/GESftMsR
    Ask This Old House - Complete Series: https://pastebin.com/zB82k3vJ
    Quote Quote  
  7. trsqd,
    I'm curious how you got all (thousands) m3u8s. I used youtube-dl to download the very first episode of both shows, no problem.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Used HLS downloader chrome extension to get the m3u8, by going through each episode on their website.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Paste, click, download downloadgemist's Avatar
    Search PM
    [ is this still a relevant thread? ]

Or with ffmpeg:
    ffmpeg -i https://content-aeuf1.uplynk.com/19bb894ed12d4e27ba0f7fc37ae8dc9d/f.m3u8 -c copy outputfile.mp4

if you have trouble downloading the episodes I could do if for you and share them to you. (someone correct me if this is against the forum rules!)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hey all,

I ripped all of ToH back before the URL switch but wanted to get AskToh and The New Yankee Workshop and couldn't manage until I came upon this thread.

So a HUGE thanks to everyone.

And because of all the instructions I put together a txt file for each season of both shows with the URL for each episode so that you can batch download all that season's episodes with youtube-dl.

Attached are zips of the txt files for both shows. I split them up into seasons and you'll have to do each season separately and then manage those files otherwise it all ends up a jumbled mess as there are no episode numbers in the files...

Thanks again!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Might be a bump, but hear me out.

Use your Android/iOS, download the app, and create a free 7-day account.
    Then log in on your PC.
    You got 7 days to download all you want.
    (if you are asked for CC, which I was not)
    If that is not enough, just use your loved or trusted one's CC, and make another 7-day free trial account.

Use Android Emulators on PC if you need to make more than 1 account. (or someones else phone, tablet, etc.)

Now you can use the links provided above by the other users, or get them yourself.

How to download:

Get the Firefox Browser.
    Get https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/antffw/?src=search
    Download the program it tells you to get for PC.
    You will get a 30-Day free pro trial.
    Install and restart the browser.

How to use:

A floating Video Box will appear on the bottom right.
    Access the page your desired video resides.
    Inside the video box, a download button will appear next to the video you wish to download.
    Click Download.
    Chose Quality. (Higher Better, you are doing it once and will keep the video forever)
    You can play with the settings.
    -I add S1 E1, etc, at the beginning of the name so that I have them ordered chronologically.
    Chose where you wish to download the video.
    I've created a separate folder just for TOH, once I've downloaded a season I drop it In Season 1 + (name of the season) folder.
    Chose your desired amount of threads and download speed. (the better your pc is and the faster your internet connection is, the more you can add)

The videos are downloaded in .mp4 and the quality of the video is the same as on the website, basically identical to the eye.

Simple as that you can enjoy all the episodes of TOH.

I wish you all the best.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello

I am attempting to download the TOH and ATOH episodes, and am having some troubles. Initial download attempts were with a firefox extension Video Downloadhelper. This grabbed the episode, but there is no video, only audio. MPC and VLC both only play audio. Handbrake can't read the video codec either. Maybe there is some DRM?

Looking at this thread, I attempted to follow the instructions and youtube-dl doesn't download any thing when using the links provided via pastbin, zip file or in the thread. Did they change some things to prevent downloads?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
    Hello

I am attempting to download the TOH and ATOH episodes, and am having some troubles. Initial download attempts were with a firefox extension Video Downloadhelper. This grabbed the episode, but there is no video, only audio. MPC and VLC both only play audio. Handbrake can't read the video codec either. Maybe there is some DRM?

Looking at this thread, I attempted to follow the instructions and youtube-dl doesn't download any thing when using the links provided via pastbin, zip file or in the thread. Did they change some things to prevent downloads?
    see if this works for any of the episodes, youtube-dl --force-generic-extractor "link to the episode"
    make sure that you have the latest version of youtube-dl "use youtube-dl -U to update"
    Last edited by october262; 29th Jul 2020 at 16:34.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hello

see if this works for any of the episodes, youtube-dl --force-generic-extractor "link to the episode"
    make sure that you have the latest version of youtube-dl "use youtube-dl -U to update"
    Thanks! That did work. Before I saw your reply, I did some tweaking in Notepad++ and came up with a different approach. Using the ffmpeg method mentioned previously, and the pastebin output, i created a batch file to download every episode and name is so it is easy to shove into plex or sonarr.

In the attached zip files are the batch (.BAT) files I created. Put them in a folder with ffmpeg.exe and run each batch. You can run more than once, I had 5 going at the same time, to decrease download time.

You will see Ask This Old House, individual batch files per season, and This Old House, separated into 6-7 seasons per batch.

Thanks to the previous poster with the ffmpeg information and pastebin information, which allowed quick creation of the batches.

After download, I let sonarr manually import the files after putting them in a "Ask This Old House" or "This Old House" folder.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but thanks for the scripts. I just stumbled across this thread after signing up for This Old House Insider only to find out that the support for Android sucks and Android TV is nonexistent. The next option since I could not pay them was do download.

Thanks everyone, those scripts are awesome.

Does anyone have a similar list of links or script for New Yankee Workshop and Woodwright Shop? They also went to uplynk.com as the hosting. I'd watch them on their websites, but Plex is just so much more convenient. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by QueueAK View Post
    Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but thanks for the scripts. I just stumbled across this thread after signing up for This Old House Insider only to find out that the support for Android sucks and Android TV is nonexistent. The next option since I could not pay them was do download.

Does anyone have a similar list of links or script for New Yankee Workshop and Woodwright Shop? They also went to uplynk.com as the hosting. I'd watch them on their websites, but Plex is just so much more convenient. Thanks in advance.
    did you try youtube ?? - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=new+yankee+workshop+episodes
    and - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Woodwright+Shop
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by QueueAK View Post
    Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but thanks for the scripts. I just stumbled across this thread after signing up for This Old House Insider only to find out that the support for Android sucks and Android TV is nonexistent. The next option since I could not pay them was do download.

Can you try this magnet link to download a torrent for Season 1 and let me know if it works? If so I'll work on getting all the other seasons set up.
    magnetxt=urn:btih:8ac0774995e615041c3a6db9b86c23fa6c74c2 26&dn=Season%201&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittor rent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fopen.trac ker.thepiratebay.org%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2fww w.torrent-downloads.to%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fdeni s.stalker.h3q.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f% 2fdenis.stalker.h3q.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http% 3a%2f%2fwww.sumotracker.com%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2 f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a %2f%2ftracker.istole.it%3a80%2fannounce
    Quote Quote  
  18. Only one peer is showing up, no seeders.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by eday_2010 View Post
    Only one peer is showing up, no seeders.
    That one is me, I just created it before posting. But I am seeing upload happening now, so I'll start creating all the other seasons.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by cptcrunch View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Hello

Thanks! That did work. Before I saw your reply, I did some tweaking in Notepad++ and came up with a different approach. Using the ffmpeg method mentioned previously, and the pastebin output, i created a batch file to download every episode and name is so it is easy to shove into plex or sonarr.

In the attached zip files are the batch (.BAT) files I created. Put them in a folder with ffmpeg.exe and run each batch. You can run more than once, I had 5 going at the same time, to decrease download time.

You will see Ask This Old House, individual batch files per season, and This Old House, separated into 6-7 seasons per batch.

Thanks to the previous poster with the ffmpeg information and pastebin information, which allowed quick creation of the batches.

After download, I let sonarr manually import the files after putting them in a "Ask This Old House" or "This Old House" folder.
    This has been great. After losing everything on my drive that had all the This Old House and Ask This Old House episodes on it because of a mistake I made, these batch files have been fantastic for grabbing everything again.

I've created a batch file for ffmpeg to grab all the episodes of New Yankee Workshop that are on the site. Once I confirm that it works and downloads everything, I will be sharing it on here.

Maybe I will do the same for America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country since I need to go grab all those again too.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    the batch files for ffmpeg are definitely faster than my method so i recommed going with that. thanks eday_2010
    Last edited by tohfan; 13th Apr 2021 at 05:40.
    Quote Quote  
  22. So it looks like I grabbed all the links for the New Yankee Workshop, and my batch file appears to have downloaded everything. Like with the other batch files, put it in the same folder as ffmpeg.exe and run the batch file.

There are some episodes missing but they are missing from the site as well. Perhaps they will find them and add them in the future. There are a lot more episodes up now than when I first grabbed everything a few years ago.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by trsqd View Post
    This Old House - Complete Series: https://pastebin.com/GESftMsR
    trsqd or anyone else, I don't suppose you have the links for season 42?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by helix3030 View Post
    Originally Posted by trsqd View Post
    This Old House - Complete Series: https://pastebin.com/GESftMsR
    trsqd or anyone else, I don't suppose you have the links for season 42?
    Here you go. All the links for Season 19 of Ask This Old House as well.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by eday_2010 View Post

Here you go. All the links for Season 19 of Ask This Old House as well.
    Wow, many thanks, much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thank you all so much for doing this, As a fan from out side the US and unable to join the insider getting my fix of TOH was few and far between so this is fantastic !
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    It seems the link for S17E26 of Ask This Old House is not functioning anymore. Does anyone have an updated URL?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Stealth103 View Post
    It seems the link for S17E26 of Ask This Old House is not functioning anymore. Does anyone have an updated URL?

Thanks!
    youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXE4oVc6O9w
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Stealth103 View Post

Thanks!
    youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXE4oVc6O9w
    Didn't even think about checking there, thanks!
    Quote Quote