VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I notice all newer FTA (free to air) satellite recievers are designed for DVB-S2 not DVB-S. DVB-S2 I believe is a newer standard, but what about recieving signals from satellites that still use the older DVB-S standard. Is DVB-S2 backward compatible? That is, is the DVB-S2 standard designed so that any device that can receive a DVB-S2 signal can also receive a DVB-S signal (for older satellites that still use DVB-S)? Or are DVB-S2 receivers incompatible with DVB-S signals, so that I would need to get an older FTA reciever (such as a used one from eBay) that is designed for DVB-S reception (or else a multi-system receiver that can handle both DVB-S and DVB-S2), in order to receive a DVB-S signal?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVB-S2 is not backward (or partially depend on analysis level) compatible however most (if not all) DVB-S2 receivers is dual standard so DVB-S compliant (i mean by this: inside receiver there is so called demodulator and usually those demodulator's are equipped in blocks responsible for DVB-S2 and DVB-S demodulation).
    I'm almost sure that any modern DVB-S2 receiver will fully support DVB-S too so no worry.
    Quote Quote