VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's August, 2017. A website I was downloading movies from in .MP4 files with Video Download Helper as an addon in Firefox is now starting to stream in .MP2T chunk files and I can't capture and download these files.

Can someone help me with the correct method of using VDH to download and convert .MP2T files that stream in dozens of smaller chunk files?

I managed to do it once and I captured a beautiful .M2TS file from the beginning of the video to the end. But I did it by crazily trying every option and every combination of options without documenting the procedure because I didn't think it was possible to do anyway.

So when I looked at my output folder and saw that I HAD SUCCEEDED, I was bummed because I can't remember the steps I took to get my perfect .M2TS file.

I also captured from start to finish a .AVI file but the quality sucked. I'm sure I used the same procedure with just a different output option. I would be happy just to get a nice clean .MP4 output file.

NOTE: EminemMCFC has a post on here "How To Download A MP2T Stream" and I love how detailed it is and so much appreciate the time he took to post it. But that was in Feb, 2015 and here in August of 2017, I know there's a way to do this much easier with Video Download Helper because I DID IT. I just can't remember HOW I did it.
    Last edited by tythomas; 16th Aug 2017 at 18:58. Reason: New Outdated Info Found
    Quote Quote  
  2. Give an exact url that has the stream video that you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As listed in your reply.
    Last edited by tythomas; 17th Aug 2017 at 03:09.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe there is a free way, but I used Tubedigger ($15) on Windows 7 and downloaded no problem.
    Link to video:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/is.mp4 (347MB)
    Quote Quote  
  5. I just downloaded the video with this link. Found with IE and its Developer Tools (F12). The link will probably change after a while.

Oops, wrong link. It was another movie from that site (I was browsing other movies).
    Last edited by jagabo; 17th Aug 2017 at 00:02.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Soooooo, which link was it??
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Maybe there is a free way, but I used Tubedigger ($15) on Windows 7 and downloaded no problem.
    Link to video:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/is.mp4 (347MB)
    Thank you. Tubedigger at the link you've listed here is $25 as opposed to $15. Also, Your response says, "Maybe there is a free way"... Did you get a chance to read my post? As I was hoping to explain in detail in my post, there is a "free way" because I did it using VDH. I just can't remember HOW. So that was the reason I posted my question here. To find out how to use the correct procedure in VDH.

When you told me to post my link publically, I was under the impression that you knew how to use VDH to do this and that you were going to reveal the big secret after I posted the link.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by tythomas View Post
    Soooooo, which link was it??
    The link was directly to an MP4 file for another movie at the site, Osiris Child:

Code:
    https://r6---sn-p5qlsnsr.c.drive.google.com/videoplayback?id=353d3d9d5c6bfae5&itag=22&source=webdrive&begin=0&requiressl=yes&mm=30&mn=sn-p5qlsnsr&ms=nxu&mv=u&pl=23&sc=yes&ei=eISVWb-QLsWI-QXh3rKwBg&susci=o-AAJr2yyL-tt2IqggTfoRJ0gNrmSw6RRV8Tg1hdqspQW23q4&driveid=0B5jtklIL0nBIRU50YThZLW9CQkE&mime=video/mp4&lmt=1501442251385393&mt=1502970453&ip=172.111.255.42&ipbits=8&expire=1502978200&sparams=ip,ipbits,expire,id,itag,source,requiressl,mm,mn,ms,mv,pl,sc,ei,susci,driveid,mime,lmt&signature=41FB558ADFFF3BF74192B01F0BF668C98B0127C2.59E2E5C32C525E8C22CC06127DE3556CC7061589&key=ck2
    I wasn't able to find a similar link to the movie you linked to.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I used IE Developer tools and could easily see and download the srt file. But no luck getting a video file. Using Chrome Developer tools I could see all the ts segments appearing as the video played, but I couldn't download any of the ts segments (403 forbidden) and couldn't find any index or manifest entry.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by tythomas View Post
    Also, Your response says, "Maybe there is a free way"... Did you get a chance to read my post? As I was hoping to explain in detail in my post, there is a "free way" because I did it using VDH. I just can't remember HOW.
    There's no guarantee that way still works. Streaming services change the way they work all the time -- to prevent the downloading of their videos.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I know this is old but I managed to download an mp2t file using video download manager
    Here the steps to follow and do it:
    1. Open the page with the video
    2. Before you hit play button press F12 and go to all, there you will find the links and help the program to identify it
    3. Click the icon of Video download helper and try to download it (it usually fails here)
    4. Click again the button of the extension of the program and the arrow on the right of the file and click on copy url to clipboard
    5. Open another board and copy the link there
    6. Press enter and It will automatically start download or ask you where you want to save it

Hope you still need it
    Quote Quote