VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Dear all,

i'm very thankful to you watching my topic and wish you can help me with my issue.

I've started to record my old VHS into my computer by using Virtualdub but i'm having this issue in the picture below :
    -(for information i'm using "no recompression" ; frame size is 720/576 and data format is "UYVY" - also i'm recording with the standard SECAM-L which is the right one for me)
    Any ideas please ?
    thanks a lot in advance
    [Attachment 42817 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's a sync error. I'd try other regular PAL and NTSC and see what happens. And try different tapes.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Aug 2017 at 20:10.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Jagabo,
    thanks for your answer, but i've just tried a different tape and PAL / NTSC and i have the same problem.
    i knew i wouldn't work as i'm pretty sure i have to keep the standard SECAM-L (the capture works pretty well with the software "EZ-grabber" but the caputred video has a low quality image (final file is .MPG and have a low size))

My goal using virtualdub is to have a high size .AVI video with a good quality image.

Anything to try with the Codecs and filters ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Getting VirtualDub set up to capture correctly can be difficult. Do you get a clean picture during preview? Or is it messed up the same way. If the preview is correct try using a lossless codec like UT Video Codec to compress while capturing.

Try using AmarecTV. People find it much easier to set up for capturing.

Have you tried playing the video with something other than VLC? I don't know if VLC plays UYVY properly.
    Quote Quote