VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I hope you guys can help me. I have the blu-ray set of "Star Trek: The Original Series" (bought direct from Amazon) and have been using MakeMKV to extract the episodes to an MKV.
    But on season 1 disc 7 (episode "The City on the Edge of Forever") I get an "unspecified error" at offset 322105344 during 00011.m2ts.
    I have the Pioneer BD-209M blu-ray burner with the latest 1.34 firmware.

I have no idea why I'm getting this error. But everything stops when this error occurs. I've played the disc on my Samsung BD-D6700 and that episode plays fine.
    So I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the Pioneer reading this disc or if the Samsung player is somehow able to skip past this error.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I had that happen on one disc of Boston Legal. I just fired up DVDFab Passkey and continued with MakeMKV. I got some warning message but did it anyway.....MKV files work fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I had that happen on one disc of Boston Legal. I just fired up DVDFab Passkey and continued with MakeMKV. I got some warning message but did it anyway.....MKV files work fine.
    Does it matter which version of DVDFab Passkey?
    Will the Lite part of it work? Or does it need to be the latest 9.2.1.2?

Finally, is there any cheaper/free alternatives to DVDFab Passkey?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try copying the disc to your hard drive using the free portion of DVDFabDecrypter......THEN run that through MakeMKV.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Try copying the disc to your hard drive using the free portion of DVDFabDecrypter......THEN run that through MakeMKV.
    I installed the latest DVDFab 10.0.5.1 (from the link provided) and tried a Blu-ray Copy (Clone). It's been running for over an hour and is stuck at 6% complete.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lmclouth View Post
    Hello,

I have the blu-ray set of "Star Trek: The Original Series" (bought direct from Amazon) and have been using MakeMKV to extract the episodes to an MKV.
    But on season 1 disc 7 (episode "The City on the Edge of Forever") I get an "unspecified error" at offset 322105344 during 00011.m2ts.

Thanks.
    I have the same blu-ray set. I also had some difficulty to extract and create mkv files. In my case I had to clean the disc's to fix the problem.
    The disc's may look clean but only after a good cleaning with soap and water, the mkv was created without a problem.
    I used CloneBD and anydvd to create the mkv's.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Heerschop View Post
    Originally Posted by lmclouth View Post
    Hello,

I have the blu-ray set of "Star Trek: The Original Series" (bought direct from Amazon) and have been using MakeMKV to extract the episodes to an MKV.

Thanks.
    I have the same blu-ray set. I also had some difficulty to extract and create mkv files. In my case I had to clean the disc's to fix the problem.
    The disc's may look clean but only after a good cleaning with soap and water, the mkv was created without a problem.
    I used CloneBD and anydvd to create the mkv's.
    Will the trial version of CloneBD or AnyDVD work to get past this "error"?
    I might be willing to purchase AnyDVD but only if it can handle my current issue.
    UPDATE: I just installed the latest beta version of AnyDVD and setup the trial. I just tried the "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..." and it also got stuck on 00011.m2ts.

I have DVDFab Passkey 8.2.8.3 and when the disc is inserted it comes up and says "The disc contains new protection, full disc copy/play is supported in newer version, please update!" So that's why I tried the latest DVDFab 10.0.5.1 trial (hoping it had the latest equivalent Passkey code in it). But it still gets stuck on the same file (00011.m2ts).

Oh, I did clean the disc thoroughly (even though the surface has never been touched since I bought the discs). But unfortunately that made no difference.
    Last edited by lmclouth; 11th Aug 2017 at 00:14.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by lmclouth View Post
    UPDATE: I just installed the latest beta version of AnyDVD and setup the trial. I just tried the "Rip Video Disc to Harddisk..." and it also got stuck on 00011.m2ts.
    You can try to extract with elby CloneBD (from redfox). Let ClondeBD extract directly from the bluray. ClondeBD does not defeat any copy protection so you have to use it in combination with dvdfab passkey or anydvd.
    In clonebd you can choose which episode you want to extract instead of the whole bluray. There is no need to buy a license for CloneBD if you only transcode the bluray.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I installed the trial version of DVDFab Passkey 9 (the very latest from today's date; 9.2.1.3).
    Then tried ripping the entire disc to the HDD.

Unfortunately it gave the error:
    Read file error 997. [0!=32]: BDMV\STREAM\00011.m2ts!

I guess I'll have to send DVDFab Passkey creators a message and tell them the problem I'm having with their software.
    I would be willing to buy it, but only if it allows me to backup this disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Maybe it's just a bad disc?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    That's possible. But it seems very strange that it plays fine on my Samsung BD-D6700 blu-ray player. And also (with DVDFab Passkey 9 v9.2.1.3 active -- maybe without too), plays okay in PowerDVD 10 on my laptop.
    Last edited by lmclouth; 11th Aug 2017 at 10:56.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Or your Pioneer BD-209M blu-ray burner is going bad. I extracted the Star Trek episode "The City on the Edge of Forever" , directly from the bluray disc, with makemkv (v1.10.5) and CloneBD (v1.1.6.0) without any problem.
    To rule out a bad disc try to extract with another drive. If you also get the same error then it's a bad disc, if no errors then your drive is bad.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Heerschop View Post
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Or your Pioneer BD-209M blu-ray burner is going bad. I extracted the Star Trek episode "The City on the Edge of Forever" , directly from the bluray disc, with makemkv (v1.10.5) and CloneBD (v1.1.6.0) without any problem.
    To rule out a bad disc try to extract with another drive. If you also get the same error then it's a bad disc, if no errors then your drive is bad.
    Unfortunately I don't have another blu-ray drive to try. The Pioneer BD-209M is about a year old with very light usage.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by lmclouth View Post
    "it plays fine on my Samsung BD-D6700 blu-ray player."

"The Pioneer BD-209M is about a year old with very light usage."
    - Are you meaning to say that the bluray disc and bluray burner are both oke!.
    - Are you just assuming that or are you sure they are both oke! ?

If you want to find what is wrong, you have to rule out one or the other. It could be possible that the disc and drive are fine and there is something else causing the problem, but first you have to make sure the disc or the drive are not part of the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Heerschop View Post
    Originally Posted by lmclouth View Post
    "it plays fine on my Samsung BD-D6700 blu-ray player."

"The Pioneer BD-209M is about a year old with very light usage."
    - Are you meaning to say that the bluray disc and bluray burner are both oke!.
    - Are you just assuming that or are you sure they are both oke! ?

If you want to find what is wrong, you have to rule out one or the other. It could be possible that the disc and drive are fine and there is something else causing the problem, but first you have to make sure the disc or the drive are not part of the problem.
    I understand that. I was just saying I do not have another blu-ray drive to test the disc on.

I have a Samsung BD-D6700 blu-ray player and the disc plays fine on it.
    The only burner/drive I have is the Pioneer BD-209M connected to my Dell Precision 7510 laptop. I played the disc on it using PowerDVD 10 and it plays correctly. But when I try to copy/rip the file 00011.m2ts (and possibly others, it is just the first one that fails ON THIS DISC), I get that read error.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I was in contact with DVDFab and they suggested using the free tool VSO Inspector (http://www.vso-software.fr/products/inspector/inspector.php) to surface scan the disc. I did this and there are errors. I checked all the others discs in the box set (for all three seasons) and this was the only disc that had any errors.
    Fortunately I was able to contact Paramount and they are going to send me a replacement for the S1D7 disc.
    Quote Quote