VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey so this seems like it should be quite simple but still having some issues with it also this issue may of been solved somewhere else but i recorded this off tv and the recording has moments of interlacing. So I've found some scripts that seemed like it would do a fix but not too well though.

I did try out this script through...

tfm(mode=5,pp=0,slow=1)
    tdecimate(cycle=5)

gave me a partial fix but still minor interlacing.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by vipren369; 22nd Aug 2017 at 12:39.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Looks field blended to me.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    TFM(pp=0) is going to allow all field mismatches through untouched. In other words they'll remain interlaced. Just use pp=6 or pp=7.

TFM(mode=5,pp=7,slow=2)
    TDecimate(mode=1) #cycle=5 is redundant as it's the default

More advanced:

MPEG2SOURCE("yourclip.d2v")
    i=MPEG2SOURCE("yourclip.d2v")
    edeint=i.nnedi3(-2) #interpolated full frame for when field mismatch
    TFM(mode=5,slow=2,clip2=i.tdeint(2,edeint=edeint)) #replace mismatch with interpolated full frame
    TDecimate(mode=1)
    Last edited by SaurusX; 8th Aug 2017 at 15:30. Reason: code correction
    Quote Quote  
  4. It's PAL so TFM/TDecimate isn't called for. There's no interlacing to begin with. It looks to me like it was field blended and then deinterlaced. If the deinterlacing occurred during the capture, it should be recaptured without the deinterlacer turned on. Then you might be able to unblend it. If that can't be done, then I see no hope. I tried using ExBlend(PAL=1) without anything good coming out of it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Heyy thanx for all help soz havent been able to reply for few days been busy with other things but did however try SaurusX suggestion and seeing a few changes... also it was a progressive source recorded through cable so only few options for that but as i was searching few weeks ago came across this guide http://www.infognition.com/tutorials/rip_guides/interlaced.html but it's only for mpeg2 sources i'm using direct mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by vipren369 View Post
    ...but did however try SaurusX suggestion and seeing a few changes
    Such as turning it into 20fps and making it play even more jerky?
    ...as i was searching few weeks ago came across this guide http://www.infognition.com/tutorials/rip_guides/interlaced.html but it's only for mpeg2 sources i'm using direct mp4.
    That's a very good guide I haven't seen before. Thanks for the link. It could easily be adapted for an MP4 'source' but, sadly, it's irrelevant to your case. Once again, there's no interlacing.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    didn't turn into 20fps just basically saw less jerkyness but it is old footage recorded in through progressive... i guess but i actually found a similar issues with an interlace capture it was a recording that i got with free to air broadcasting if looked closely you can see even more minor ghosting with edges I've tried the same site but cannot work out how the command should be entered...
    Quote Quote  
  8. That clip is a normal field blended NTSC to PAL conversion. Use:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("Video_0327-0456(ABC1)[rage]_0001_0001-Shorteded.track_224.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    QTGMC(preset="fast")
    SRestore() # back to 23.976 fps
    It is very different than the earlier clip.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh thanks jagabo for that script but its giving me this error when doing it...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VirtualDub Error.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	42931  

Quote Quote  
  10. Did you get QTGMC and its dependencies? It's a third party filter and isn't built into AviSynth
    Quote Quote  
  11. You can use Yadif(mode=1) instead of QTGMC(preset="fast"). It's not as good but it's usually adequate. And faster.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey thanx for the replys so tried to implement Yadif DLL into both system 32 and AVISyth Folders but script still not working saying there's no function named Yadif?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vipren369 View Post
    hey thanx for the replys so tried to implement Yadif DLL into both system 32 and AVISyth Folders but script still not working saying there's no function named Yadif?
    One reason why a lot of people have trouble learning Avisynh and Avisynth plugins is that they don't read anything. The wiki page at http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Yadif for the download of the yadif package clearly states the foillowing:
    Note: Yadif is a C-plugin so it must be loaded using LoadCPlugin.
    The html documentation that ships with the yadif .zip file has these instructions:
    Features and limitations

Implemented as Avisynth C-plugin (not regular Avisynth plugin).
    Must be loaded with Load_Stdcall_plugin("yadif.dll") or LoadCplugin("yadif.dll") (not LoadPlugin !). Do not use autoloading.
    So to use yadif in your script use this statement:
    Code:
    LoadCPlugin("drive:\path\to\Avisynth\plugins\yadif.dll")
    Change the path statement to refer to the Avisynth plugins location in your system.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh sorry didn't even pick up on that code thanks worked well also this other clip seems to have rather more ghostly frames every few seconds would that be the same issue?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by vipren369 View Post
    Oh sorry didn't even pick up on that code thanks worked well also this other clip seems to have rather more ghostly frames every few seconds would that be the same issue?
    That clip is what happens when 24p is converted to 25i with 2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:3 pulldown, then the video is blend deinterlaced. There's no fix for that.
    Quote Quote