VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Can anybody help me in locating the Service Manual for this model of VCR, I have searced the internet and can only find the Installation and Operation Manual.

I am out of ideas on how to locate this, I even contacted Mitsubishi Electric directly and was informed they do not have a copy.

Any help much appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last edited by october262; 8th Aug 2017 at 06:45.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Yes this is the manual I currently have, the one I require is the Service Manual that would have been used by Technicians to service and repair the equipment
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    might also try looking up vcr repair shops (if any still exist)
    Quote Quote  
  5. The "medical" models are among the most obscure VCRs ever made. Finding service documentation for them can be difficult, as mfrs sold them primarily to OEM bundlers of medical imaging systems (who would then take over all support/repair responsibilities). My go-to source for VCR repair manuals is ElektroTanya, which does not have a link for this Mitsubishi. In my experience over the past 8 years, if ElektroTanya doesn't have a service manual in its archives for download, that manual isn't available online anywhere else.

There's a small chance you could buy it from one of the for-profit manual sites: if they do have it the cost will be at least $20 for a PDF file.

You might also contact a medical imaging provider that used this VCR, such as Philips in their circa-2005 HD3 UltraSound cart. Website www.medical.philips.com. Chances they will help you get a service manual for the VCR are zero to none, but you may get lucky and hit a nice representative.

Otherwise, if no consumer VCR techs in Ireland can repair this VCR for you, discard it and look for something more reasonable. The only advantage the HS-MD3000 offers is built-in TBC/DNR at low second-hand cost (in USA this vcr typically sells for well under $100). Disadvantage is it only plays SP tapes, and is so uncommon no one has any idea how to repair it. The kind of VCR thats a nice deal if you find it in perfect working condition very cheap, but not as practical as more common JVC and Panasonic PAL consumer models with TBC/DNR.
    Last edited by orsetto; 8th Aug 2017 at 12:09.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have a Mitsubishi HS-MD3000ua NIB on order that will arrive next week. If you're still needing this (and if the UA version is adequate), I can make a copy for you.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DavesArchives

I indeed have a Mitsubishi HS-MD3000U that I desperately need to put back together. I.e., I was too stupid to photograph my disassembly & now I can't get the puzzle back together.

Could I convince you into sharing your literature? I'm about to trade anything in order for some education here...

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote