VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello, I actually have around 4000 MKV (also some Mp4) files in different folders, each folders containing multiple subfolders, In these MKV files there is often multiple audio tracks, multiple subtitle but not always...

So I would like to remove everything that I don't need to save some precious space.

For example I have this file:

As you can see this file have 1 Video track, 2 audio tracks (one in english and one in greek), chapters entries (I saw some files that have "Tags" I also want to remove those) :
    I would like to keep only the video and the english audio track, and I also want to remove the name of those tracks (here E...)

Is there any way to do it ? Without opening each file, one by one, with MKVToolNix ?
    Also is there a way to do it without breaking files that have only French (my mother tongue) or Undefined Audio, but if there is an english Audio next to it, removing them ?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by AngeLusFr; 7th Aug 2017 at 14:48.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Whilst there are various batch programs available to do this, tracks are not necessarily in the same order so really the safest option is manually one by one.....
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn C200 and A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 ~ Yamaha RX-A1030 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Whilst there are various batch programs available to do this, tracks are not necessarily in the same order so really the safest option is manually one by one.....
    For around 4000 files ? Are you sure there is no faster way to do it ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well there is no standard order that tracks appear in a MKV file AFAIK, so 10 files might have English audio as track 2 and French as track3 and then another group would be the reverse. Same with subs. You would need a program that could intelligently "look" at the contents of each file and decide the language!!! Also you have the added complexity of some rips may have several say English audio tracks, the regular program audio and a directors commentary. Way too many variables IMO.
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn C200 and A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 ~ Yamaha RX-A1030 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  5. BatchMKV. Filter out non-english audio/subtitles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 8_8_2017 , 7_18_58 AM.png
Views:	80
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	42765
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    BatchMKV. Filter out non-english audio/subtitles.

[Attachment 42765 - Click to enlarge]
    It work thank's
    Quote Quote