VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been using Avidemux to create subbed videos for YouTube. I haven't had any issues up until recently. I'm finding that Avidemux is changing the size of my subtitles to be different than my source .ass file. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is and I don't want to be uploading these videos when I've got changes being made and having some lines starting to touch each other.

It may be a language issue, as it's a line of Japanese that I'm having issues with. But I've seen this font being used by others for the same style projects and if they're continuing to use the font, I don't think they're having the same issues that I'm having.

.Ass Source Image:
    [Attachment 42606 - Click to enlarge]

Avidemux Output Preview:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4c28a43a25.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	42607

Notice how the length of the top line is different between the two images.

.Ass Source Image:
    [Attachment 42609 - Click to enlarge]

Avidemux Output Preview:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2b949d1a89.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	42610

And how between these two, the space between the two lines has decreased to the point where parts of the lines are starting to touch and how things line up don't match (such as the "!" in the top line and the letter "k" in the word "neko" line up in the .ass verson but in the avidemux preview they no longer line up).

I've tried encoding into my usual .mp4 format and then later tried a .avi format with the same dimensions but both files end up doing the same thing. Does anyone know what's going on? And sorry for the word wall! Just wanted to make sure I was explaining everything right...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure it is the same font as others use? Could you just lower the font size for that font in ASS subs?

Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
    Style: Wolf main,Chinacat,56,15724527,15724527,15724527,4144959,0,0,1,1,2,2,5, 5,30,0,0
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I'm sure. But I could. It's just getting tedious to be constantly going back and forth between Avidemux and my subbing program. I wasn't sure if there was a solution to this. I just wanted to check
    Quote Quote