VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I'm new on this forums and my first thread is about getting help from you two guys checked my car while driving scooter/moped. I have camera in cam that they missed and it recorded them. Unfortunately I was not able to read license plates from their scooter. Could you please help me with this, maybe you can do more than me. Police told me that yeah thanks for video but we can't read plates from it. They will try to check vechicle databases but they think that they will not be able to find anything. Maybe when I will give them plates they will start to do anything... So - I've uploaded uncut raw video from my car cam. It's here on my onedrive in mov format:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsgefLbw5O0_gXGPf3ndMRQIQu7X

There are two guys on scooter that are checking my car. Size of plates is 140×114 millimeters. I think that letters in upper row are KWI but unfortunately in lower row I could'nt read them. So format of them is:

XYZ - upper row only letters
    X1Y2 - lower row can contain letters and numbers

So it could be for example if I'm not wrong about KWI:

KWI
    X1Y2

If you can help I would be very happy. Maybe you have more skills than me and digital zoom on VLC player thanks!

Best Regards,
    Radek from Poland
    Quote Quote  
  2. Not a chance.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by r4dkov View Post
    Hello,

I'm new on this forums and my first thread is about getting help from you two guys checked my car while driving scooter/moped. I have camera in cam that they missed and it recorded them. Unfortunately I was not able to read license plates from their scooter. Could you please help me with this, maybe you can do more than me. Police told me that yeah thanks for video but we can't read plates from it. They will try to check vechicle databases but they think that they will not be able to find anything. Maybe when I will give them plates they will start to do anything... So - I've uploaded uncut raw video from my car cam. It's here on my onedrive in mov format:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsgefLbw5O0_gXGPf3ndMRQIQu7X

There are two guys on scooter that are checking my car. Size of plates is 140×114 millimeters. I think that letters in upper row are KWI but unfortunately in lower row I could'nt read them. So format of them is:

XYZ - upper row only letters
    X1Y2 - lower row can contain letters and numbers

So it could be for example if I'm not wrong about KWI:

KWI
    X1Y2

If you can help I would be very happy. Maybe you have more skills than me and digital zoom on VLC player thanks!

Best Regards,
    Radek from Poland
    try taking video to your local police station and see what they can do. they'd have better tools & software for this sort of thing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try taking video to your local police station and see what they can do. they'd have better tools & software for this sort of thing.
    Which police would that be ?

Originally Posted by r4dkov View Post
    Police told me that yeah thanks for video but we can't read plates from it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt the police have better tools for this video,you can't pull letters or numbers out of an image with no details to begin with.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    No, no, you're supposed to take the video to the television police. All they have to do is click the "enhance" button and everything zooms into focus.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just like in "No Way Out"Click the button and unfocused pictures get enhanced.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    nothing
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote