VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello ,
    long i search for software which will allow me create menu for video files like mkv and mp4. What i want is that something similar to blu ray or dvd menu but within file system (no reencoding only point to video file) thing that i only type name of tv show for example , choose some nice background and point to folder where episodes are and software add them to menu automaticcaly and maybe create some short preview. And maybe software will put all videofiles to one nice container.

I find out Tmngpce PMGX creator which will be nice but is outdated and more then half of my videofiles are unsuportted.

Thank you for suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No kodi and any media theater some simple program , they tend download too many information i dont need and mess up my files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Kodi is one of the best at the moment, but if you have your files on a NAS maybe the NAS will have software already installed to do the job, as with Synology's Video Station, basic but gets the job done.
    Quote Quote  
  4. File organization and html?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Of course if you have some basic knowledge of php/MySQL you could write a simple program to list your videos and then play them in your player of choice.

But I never buy into the need for 'fancy' menus.

You could do what you want to by using a decent media player like vlc and use it's playlist function. Then you can have an on-screen list of your videos, select one for playing and it automatically selects the next one in the playlist. So you end up artificially joining the videos without actually permanently joining them which itself runs the risk of damage from re-encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Or just organize your videos so they're easy to find alphanumerically. Then you can easily navigate using a file browser like Explorer.
    Quote Quote