VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've cleaned the video heads, erase head and control track head but it didn't fix the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like something in the circuitry. What happened to those other two you were working on ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I still have the Mitsubishi HS-U748. The insides look similar but since I bought this from ebay, I rather return it.

I was thinking of changing the video heads.

It was working a couple of days ago. BTW, I'm not impressed with the TBC but the DNR is pretty good.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I still have my HS-u748 also, but mine has something in the transport that's bad. In an earlier thread Baldrick
    suggested the clutch mechanism. I could probably open it, but I'm not sure what to look for to be honest

Did they really sell the VCR with broken sound? Why change the video head?

I picked up a JVC s3911u at a garage sale last month. Working fine, but sounds like it needs a good lubrication.
    Quote Quote  
  5. LOL, i don't know why. Just trial and error. I will just return it.

The VCR was working for a couple of days so I don't blame the seller. Just my bad luck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is the vcr / tv set on the right channel ?? if the vcr has more than one tv hookup then try a different hookup
    Quote Quote  
  7. Everything is setup correctly. I was trying to record via the VCR input and I see the video on the TV.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to hear that. Don't forget the linear audio as well as the hi-fi. I would have thought that if one of them failed
    the other would still work, unless the problem is in the audio circuitry. Any caps bad on the board?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have the option of returning it, so I can't troubleshoot.

Here is a similar problem from 12volvids. https://youtu.be/-0P3Mzr3bNQ

In another video, he repaired a similar problem by simply cleaning the ribbon cables. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9S2M0UQ-nw
    Quote Quote  
  10. I reseated the video drum and control track ribbon cables and it's working now.
    Quote Quote