VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi All,

I just picked up an LG LRH-539 HDD DVD Recorder at a thrift store for 10 bucks without the remote. I've used simple universal remotes with other DVD recorders in the past and were able to navigate all the features successfully, but with this model my other remotes don't seem to be able to access all the necessary menus and settings to be able to do much with the unit outside of basic recording using the default options/settings. So now I'm tasked with trying to find a replacement remote for this guy and ordering through LG is going to cost me about $50

So my question then is, if I put that towards a nice Harmony remote that I can use with other devices and get more of my moneys worth am I going to have the same issues as with my other universals or are the Harmony's more capable of duplicating the originals capabilities?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Below is an image of the original remote and all it's various buttons lol
    [Attachment 42427 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ebay?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Unfortunately, nothing in Canada so freight plus customs is crazy
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    get a logitech 650.

i seeing it for 35 new.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by godai View Post
    get a logitech 650.

i seeing it for 35 new.
    And that one will work? I guess I can program it to do the necessary functions? I've never owned a Harmony remote before, so not totally sure how it works lol
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had one years ago. You used to go to their website to download the device codes. Probably a good place to check.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    In Uk. I have 650, purchased 2 years ago new around that price. Works fine. Almost certainly you will be able to download the codes for your recorder from Logitech site.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just an update, got the Logitech 650 off of Kijiji (Canadian Craigslist) and it works perfectly...so glad I went with this then trying to find the original and it can do so much more!

If only it didn't need direct line of site with my Xbox One console (which is always behind a closed cabinet door) instead of working with the Kinect
    Quote Quote