VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I believe SMPlayer is quite a nice player.
    However, as far as I know, a context menu is missing.
    Does anybody out know some kind of a workaround?

I don't know if it is possible at all: is it possible to do a 'Send to' of a VIDEO_TS folder to SMPlayer?

Thanks
    =
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've only been using SMPlayer a little while, and not regularly, and I'm using the portable version so I don't think there's an option for Explorer menus or file associations etc, otherwise it wouldn't be portable. I don't know what the "installer" does.

You can create a shortcut to smplayer.exe yourself and put it in the Windows SendTo folder.
    For XP it's located at : "C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\SendTo"
    For newer Windows I think it's "C:\Users\Your User Name"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo"

It's possibly hidden so you might need to set Explorer to show hidden/system files, or alternatively type
    Code:
    shell:sendto
    in the Explorer address bar and hit Enter.

Once you've added a shortcut to the SendTo folder you can use it to open any supported file type, and also to open a VIDEO_TS folder.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 2nd Aug 2017 at 15:12.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello !
    Many thanks indeed.
    I placed an link of SMPlayer.exe in folder C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ SendTo
    and it worked fine.
    Truly appreciate your help!
    It is a timesaver.
    Maybe one day SMPlayer itself will add a context menu (similar to VLC)
    Until that time, this workaround is of great help.

=
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm glad to have helped.

I tend to fill up the sendto folder with shortcuts for all my regularly used programs.

As an additional tip, you can create sub-folders and it works much like a traditional start menu, only from the right click/sendto menu. For example you could create a folder called "Media Players" containing shortcuts to any media players you use and put it in the sendto folder. It can help keep things more organised when there's quite a few sendto shortcuts.
    Quote Quote