VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys.
    I have been using xmedia recode for a long time now, and all of a sudden it crashes when i try to write files.
    But the weird stuff doesn't stop here. It's only sometimes that it crashes.
    Exmaple:
    I have series, episodes 1-12 and all episodes besides episode 2 will encode? When i try to encode episode 2, it crashes?
    This is problem just appeared. I haven't had that problem before?

I don't know what to do?
    The files are mkv containers, so i have tried opening them up, and compare them to the other episodes, but there's no difference? It's the same kind of files? So I don't understand why all of a sudden it starts acting up?
    Quote Quote  
  2. How old is your external hard drive (I assume it's a disk write error of some sort)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by raffriff42 View Post
    How old is your external hard drive (I assume it's a disk write error of some sort)
    A couple of years?
    Don't know what that's got to do with it? Since I haven't any problems with the rest of the season, but only specific episodes?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ah-ha! So you ADMIT you are using an external hard drive? Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, ...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Sorry, I may have misread your post - I thought you said the errors were random and just started happening. So if you repeat the test (perhaps writing to a different drive), do certain episodes always crash, and the others never crash? What error message do you get - can you post a typical screenshot?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by raffriff42 View Post
    Sorry, I may have misread your post - I thought you said the errors were random and just started happening. So if you repeat the test (perhaps writing to a different drive), do certain episodes always crash, and the others never crash? What error message do you get - can you post a typical screenshot?
    Sorry, i read your post wrong. No, i don't use an external harddrive. I have an external harddrive connected, but not one i use to write to.

I write to my D drive for the moment. Yes, for the time being, it's episode 2 of a certain series that keeps crashing XMR. The rest of the episodes goes without problems.
    [Attachment 42374 - Click to enlarge]
    this is the error message i get. (Sorry the text is in Danish, but i think you get what i mean)
    Quote Quote  
  7. A typical unhelpful Windows message: "XMedia Recode has stopped working."
    Unfortunately, XMedia does not seem to create log files that might help trace the error (as an XMedia user, I am disappointed)
    My suggestion would be to try encoding the video with ffmpeg directly and note any errors that come up.
    Or choose another program that creates proper error logs. I don't know what to suggest, other than VirtualDub FilterMod.
    Quote Quote