VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, but sorry I'ma***

please consider my usual source:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/829iziwuetpdqm4/source422.MXF?dl=0

I would like encode it in H265 (hevc) using ffmpeg

PLEASE CAN YOU SUGGEST ME THE COMMANDLINE?

THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  2. -c:v libx265 instead of -c:v libx264

Everything else is almost the same in terms of switches as libx264, except the quantizer scaling is different . (e.g. if you "normally" use -crf 20 , you might have to use a different "number" )
    Quote Quote  
  3. And I suggest you deinterlace. Interlaced HEVC is not efficient and playback compatibility seems to be bad as well. Not even sure ffmpeg would mux it correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    And I suggest you deinterlace. Interlaced HEVC is not efficient and playback compatibility seems to be bad as well. Not even sure ffmpeg would mux it correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Interlaced hevc works ok for ffmpeg and muxing . It's just some receiving hardware/software/decoders might not like it. Some might not deinterlace automatically for example. But if you activate deinterlacer on playback it will look fine. sneaker is right about the efficiency being much lower that you would expect than progressive encoding (normally you expect interlaced encoding to be worse , that's expected - but this is proportionally much worse)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Am I the only one that thinks there's something seriously wrong with this "marcorocchini" cat? <-- Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, every single one of his posts, there has to be a mention of a cat, like a demented Cat Woman from the old Batman TV series.
    Quote Quote