VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys! i have a sub file srt and also tried ass, and i would like to mux It to anche JPN video file.
    I have a video Track, audio Track and this sub file.
    When i mux in mkvtoolink and the export is done, i open it with VLC but subtitle are showing but they have not same size and font as ive done in aegisub.. Why? This driving me Crazy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you remember to put the fonts into the mkv as attachments?

If you did and it still doesn't work provide:
    1.) ASS file
    2.) screenshot of VLC
    3.) screenshot of Aegisub
    4.) font files
    5.) MediaInfo of mkv file (or preferably cut a small section so we can test live)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Did you remember to put the fonts into the mkv as attachments?

If you did and it still doesn't work provide:
    1.) ASS file
    2.) screenshot of VLC
    3.) screenshot of Aegisub
    4.) font files
    5.) MediaInfo of mkv file (or preferably cut a small section so we can test live)
    Thanks
    Ive done a zip with all files
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. You have set font name to "montara". Try "Montara Gothic" instead.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    You have set font name to "montara". Try "Montara Gothic" instead.
    Okay Tried, But It has the same results.. Any idea why the font Is not showing good in VLC and HDTV as same ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. It works here. Restart the PC to make sure the fontconfig didn't get b0rked or something like that. If it still doesn't work upload your updated ASS file or better yet a small part of the mkv (including the updated ASS track).

"HDTV" is your TV? Does it support ASS styles and attached fonts? Many hardware players only support ASS like if it was without styles.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    It works here. Restart the PC to make sure the fontconfig didn't get b0rked or something like that. If it still doesn't work upload your updated ASS file or better yet a small part of the mkv (including the updated ASS track).

"HDTV" is your TV? Does it support ASS styles and attached fonts? Many hardware players only support ASS like if it was without styles.
    Ok Thanks when in at home i Will try different times and update here
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ive tried different fonts, but still have the same problem
    Quote Quote  
  9. Tested with what? VLC? The TV's player?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Tested with what? VLC? The TV's player?
    Both
    I have tried to use TSMUXER instead of MKVTOOLNIX. When i put Mkv file and ass sub, and i pressure start, It Say No tff file for font A. What this mean? i tried with some fonte, like arial,futura, montara,myryad etc etc. But same results
    Quote Quote  
  11. Test attached mkv file in VLC and make a screenshot. It should look like my screenshot.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-6757-05-10-00h30m06s409.png
Views:	11
Size:	1,015.3 KB
ID:	42343  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Test attached mkv file in VLC and make a screenshot. It should look like my screenshot.
    Okay maybe i found the problem. If i attach the file in vlc open subtitles, it work. But if i mux it will not.
    So i think its a problem with the muxing! Any alternative to mkvtoolnix and tsmuxer for the mac osx guys??
    Quote Quote  
  13. I used mkvtoolnix. If it works for me it should work for you.
    Quote Quote