VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. using "winX DVD ripper platinum v8.5.0" on win7

i have some instructional DVDs that i'm ripping to put on my media server. but the menu selection of chapters, etc is never ripped. no matter if i rip to multiple title files or merge into one, or use "main title content copy" or "mp4 video", or "avc video".

also, when ripping to multiple files the DVD_Name_title_xx.mpg files are out of sequence. like title_01.mpg is actually title_11.mpg and title_02.mpg is actually title_01.mpg i.e., when comparing from DVD and picking from chapters menu.

I also tried DVDFab_10 trial, Acrok converter doesn't do any better than WinX DVD for this issue either, though Acrok's .mp4 file was ~half as small as WinX's, and makeMKV.

if "WinX DVD ripper" is capable of ripping DVD to one file so the DVD menu gets ripped too and is functional, what's the options i'm failing to make use of? DVD rippers are capable of this, yes?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sounds like your DVD contains Titles for Chapters. It's a common problem. In my opinion MakeMKV is best with titles.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DNEXZZ View Post
    i have some instructional DVDs that i'm ripping to put on my media server. but the menu selection of chapters, etc is never ripped. no matter if i rip to multiple title files or merge into one, or use "main title content copy" or "mp4 video", or "avc video".
    If you want the menu structure you need to perform a full disc rip as a VIDEO_TO folder (full of IFO, BUP, and VOB files) or as an ISO image.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Sounds like your DVD contains Titles for Chapters. It's a common problem. In my opinion MakeMKV is best with titles.
    makeMKV didn't do what i wanted either. the last tittle17.mkv plays the first chaper. if i have to keep them as separate title files, i'll need to go through them and compare them to the DVD viewing while renaming them to their respective chapter. not what i really wanted to do.

i'll try the other poster's reply about full disc rip as a VIDEO_TO folder or ISO image. that might create a one file with menu and chapter selections via menu.

thanks for your reply.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by DNEXZZ View Post
    If you want the menu structure you need to perform a full disc rip as a VIDEO_TO folder (full of IFO, BUP, and VOB files) or as an ISO image.
    ok, ok, that might just do it. i'll try those suggestion and see what mileage i get. reads like you yourself ran into this issue and found a solution?

appreciate your help!
    Quote Quote