VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I am new at this so please excuse my ignorance.
    I need help with audio editing using SONY MOVIE STUDIO PLATINUM 12.
    Here is my situation
    1. Split a piece of audio into left and right sections.
    2. Reduce level to 50% in left section (before split). Keep level at 100% in right section (after split). Or visa versa.
    3. Want to fade up from 50% left section to 100% right section. BUT audio fader always starts at 0% in the right (after split) section.

Question: How can I start the fade level at 50% not 0%? Thereby making for a clean transition edit with out the volume dropping down to 0% in the beginning.

I just can't figure out how to do it. I would think it very simple given the level of this program, Sony MS12.

Thank you in advance.
    Sgt. Pepper
    Quote Quote  
  2. Did you try with an "audio volume envelope ?" You can insert keyframes or "knots" to have better control over the audio volume over time (it's like a line graph representing the volume, and you can graphically adjust the curves). There should be many tutorials on youtube and similar sites
    Quote Quote  
  3. BA ZING!

I think that will do it.
    Now all I have to do is play with audio envelopes till I am comfortable using this technique then re-cut the audio = multi tracks of music of about an hour in length and take out section levels, fades and replace with the audio envelope.

I think I will copy, re-cut the tracks using the audio envelope technique then paste back into the movie.

Thank you so much for your quick and expert help, poisondeathray.
    Quote Quote