VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

Looking the following FOR.A models, FA-300, FA-310 or JVC SA-T400U (which was built by ForA but just has the JVC label)

These seem to be impossible to find (at least in working condition). Ebay is worthless.

There used to be people that could repair these. I tracked down my guy I used to have do it 10+ years ago and he is retired. Through my research online everyone that used to repair these is either dead, retired, or closed up there business.

Can anyone on here help me find someone that has any of these models or knows of anyone that can repair these?

I hope this is the right area to post this, I saw other posts in here about TBC's so thought I'd give it a shot.

Please no pointless responses like "Why would you be looking for those anyways, they are outdated blah blah....."

Thanks,
    J
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    BroadcastStore.com advertises some of the FOR.A models. I have no experience with this vendor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. For items like this I create a search, and then have eBay send me an email when a match happens. Sometimes is takes a few months. Here's the search, in eBay format:

("FA-300","FA-310","JVC SA-T400U") (TBC,"time base")

The parenthesis and commas give you a logical OR operator. You can choose, if you wish to add the checkbox in the eBay search to direct it to also search the description.

I think you will find one eventually. However, as you already seem to know, they are not always in good working order and I don't know what to suggest as to where to find a technician who still works on them. I think I did read, in this forum, within the last year, that there is still someone who does service them, but I can't remember which model (I don't think he handles all models). Hopefully someone here will remember who that might be.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    BroadcastStore.com advertises some of the FOR.A models. I have no experience with this vendor.
    Dealt with them years ago and it wasn't a good experience. Everything they have listed is triple what it's worth usually. I did email them though recently as a last resort as they have some of these models listed and they responded and said they didn't have them. I think they just pretend that they have one of everything and if someone actually inquires or buys something then they scaramble to find it on Ebay or where ever and resell it for an outrageous price.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    For items like this I create a search, and then have eBay send me an email when a match happens. Sometimes is takes a few months. Here's the search, in eBay format:

("FA-300","FA-310","JVC SA-T400U") (TBC,"time base")

The parenthesis and commas give you a logical OR operator. You can choose, if you wish to add the checkbox in the eBay search to direct it to also search the description.

I think you will find one eventually. However, as you already seem to know, they are not always in good working order and I don't know what to suggest as to where to find a technician who still works on them. I think I did read, in this forum, within the last year, that there is still someone who does service them, but I can't remember which model (I don't think he handles all models). Hopefully someone here will remember who that might be.
    Thanks for the info johnmeyer. Yes if anyone could chime in with technician info that would be great and much appreciated.
    Quote Quote