VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Struggling a bit to set up cTivo, and as this forum was so helpful to me recently, thought I'd post this and keep fingers crossed.

I have a Tivo box, a Router, a MacMini.

I have managed to connect the Tivo to the Router using ethernet, and have been successful to the point that on my downloaded cTivo program I can actually SEE all my 'My Shows' programs currently sitting on the Tivo box.

Trouble is, that's as far as I can get. The titles are greyed out, and whatever I do, I can't make them do anything. Control-click gives a 'download' option, but doesn't seem to function.

Also, when I access my Tivo account and get to the Device Preferences page, nothing works. I put in the same name (Living Room) as I've got on the Tivo itself, and tick the only available box 'Video Sharing' ('Enable video downloads' says N/A), and Save, but I just get bounced back to the same page again, with my 'name' now blanked out.

I am sure it's me, and not the various systems. I must be doing something wrong, but can't find out what!

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Allen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It seems you are getting decent pointers at the Tivo Community Forum. Do let us know if you get definitive answers on this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Casting my net wide in the hope of replies in depth, Case.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, update, but not satisfactory:

Tried ringing Virgin tivo-line ('Tier 2'), and a not-too-helpful guy says no, I can't do that. You can do it on a 'V6' but only if you're downloading to a specific 'app' on a tablet, but never from Virgin Tivo to Mac.

So, I've learned something, but result = not this way.

Any other suggestions as to how to get a picture from either my Tivo or my Samsung TV across to my Mac would be very gratefully received!

Mac Mini doesn't have many input ports, unfortunately, so I was hopeful for the ethernet/network solution.

Allen.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Tivo forum: one bloke there is talking about a 'slingbox'. Does this sound feasible for my set up?

A
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by allne-uk View Post
    The Tivo forum: one bloke there is talking about a 'slingbox'. Does this sound feasible for my set up?

A
    It seems like it would work. I looked at Sling's webpages for the UK. Slingbox's M1, the model sold in the UK and Europe, can control a Virgin Media TiVo box, and there is a Slingbox player for OS X to watch streaming video from the Slingbox via your home network. To watch a setup demo, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX5OZFShnbI
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks v much, usually. (Glad you broke your rules and stopped being quiet for this post!)

A.
    Quote Quote