VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Let's see. First there was Yahoo! Then, yadif. Now, there is yafnle—the magic answer to 90% of the questions on this forum. Of course, it is crippleware (check out the "Comparison"), and unfortunately for me, some are deal killers. Anyhow, definitely worth a look if you ever wanted to play like the big boys.

http://www.avid.com/media-composer-first
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Καλημέρα . Μήπως κάποιος φίλος γνωρίζει κάποιο πρόγραμμα αξιόπιστο για μενού και κάψιμο dvd . Και ποιο είναι ;
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good morning. Does a friend know a reliable program for menus and burn DVDs and which ones?
    Quote Quote  
  4. JMO,
    Very crippled on import formats. Still Avid sticks with Quicktime codecs, that's a real shame.
    Really this reminds me of Avid Free that was based on Newscutter. Avid really screwed themselves about 6-7 years ago. They didn't support a lot of file formats, so it required transcoding first. Grass Valley Edius has really taken over Avid's spot
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The way I see it, Avid First is a glass half empty/glass half full kind of deal. You have almost all the editing power of Avid -- same interface, most of the capabilities, but some retrictions on number of tracks and input and output formats.

True your output is restricted to .mov, but you are not (as far as I can tell) restricted to the ultra slow quicktime engine while working. DNxHD and DNxHR both use Avid's own 64-bit media processing for transcodes and effect rendering. (Same-As-Source outputs should also be fast.)

For actual content creation editing, it should be almost as good as using Media Composer -- and of course there's a free 30 day trial version of Media Composer if you want to check that out. I believe projects are NOT compatible, so you can't for example, make your show, download MC, bring the A|1 project in and output.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by stiltman View Post
    JMO,
    Very crippled on import formats. Still Avid sticks with Quicktime codecs, that's a real shame.
    Really this reminds me of Avid Free that was based on Newscutter. Avid really screwed themselves about 6-7 years ago. They didn't support a lot of file formats, so it required transcoding first. Grass Valley Edius has really taken over Avid's spot
    Avid uses DNxHD/HR codecs inside the Quicktime container. And MC is used by the vast majority of Hollywood editors.
    Quote Quote