VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The DVDs I'm trying to rip are Warner bros. (several and various Looney Tunes titles from the past 6-7 years). They were purchased used but LOOK to be in good condition.
    I do see the copy protection logo on the back of all these DVDs:

Encountering the following problems when TRYING to rip to PC:

(a) horrible scandisc results (using Nero DiscSpeed). I.e., massive and continuous "bad" (red) sectors in various parts of a scanned DVD. But I have used MUCH WORSE scratched discs that are all in the green.
    (b) DVDFab encountering errors, which I can't "Ignore" or "Ignore All". It just gets stuck at a certain % level !! Also, when DVD Fab gets stuck, the DVD drive gets noisy (trying to focus, slew, access, etc.)
    (c) Can't copy many files directly in Windows (i.e., copy and paste from DVD's VIDEO_TS to my hard-drive) -- some files will just get stuck in the middle of paste (no warning, no errors messages, no nothing!!)

I have ripped 100s of DVDs, many with some copy protection, but these Warner titles are confusing.

Given the problems noted in (a), (b), and (c), am i running into copy protection "blocks"?

P.S. I am trying DVD Decrypter as last resort (it's running now) -- and it seems to be doing better...but boy is it slow. Will report back later!

P.S. 2: While I haven't played all the DVDs (directly), they seem to play and navigate okay. BTW: I only have computer-based (drive) players.
    Last edited by hollowman; 1st Jul 2017 at 21:46.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, here is what the ScanDisc looked like:

The DVD Decrypter rip crapped out !!!
    But the DVD plays fine in all software players and on various PC/laptops I use.
    ???
    Just can't seem to rip!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First off , try giving the discs a good cleaning and try them again.
    Second , try disabling pathplayer In dvdfab , restart dvdfab and retry the discs again.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That worked! And it was a totally smooth rip, too. Before, DVDFab, when ripping, would get very memory or CPU intensive. But disabling pathplayer did the trick.

About cleaning ... should've noted before that not only were they thoroughly cleaned, but (and esp. after seeing the ScanDisc) resurfaced using SkipDoctor. No difference (ScanDisc looked exactly the same).

BTW ... about that ScanDisc...WTF!!!!!!!!! does copy-protection encryption create that type of scanning?
    Quote Quote