VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there software I can throw a folder full of subfolders, full of video files, into and select settings one time, then click a button and have it just go ahead and *do the job* without having to set things individually for every file?

I just want to recode the video from Xvid to h.264 using Intel QuickSync on my Latitude E6530 with Windows 10. I want to keep the muxed subtitles as-is. I want to keep the audio. I want to keep the filenames.

Handbrake can do that conversion but requires the tedium of selecting the settings for each file individually and doesn't even have the sense to be set to that the user might want to keep the same file names.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    RIPBOT264 - Load folder, click & go.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Vidcoder can do this too.
    From menu, File/Encode folder of video files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Vidcoder worked nicely. I decided to go with x265. 77 videos 26.6 gig in xvid, 13.7 gig in x265 and the quality looks identical.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    TEncoder can do the same, with several threads working in parallel.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    TEncoder can do the same, with several threads working in parallel.
    Can it automatically pick up and mux SRT files with the same name as the videos too? I couldn't figure out how to do that with VidCoder. No big deal to do that individually.
    Quote Quote