VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi but sorry I'm a Cat

please I have a .MXF file that have a specific initial "timecodeTimeCode_FirstFrame : 16:39:24:24"

for example now I would like extract an audio .wav file from timecode 20:02:05 and 10 frames (20:02:05.10) by this .mxf file and have - as duration - the remain, all the rest to the end.

I can I do with ffmpeg?

it seems that -ss do the point of start but I need to assing a timecode to that parameter

In practice I have an mxf video with embedded timecode and i need to trim portions of this video using the embedded timecode. I try to use FFMPEG to do that, but i can only trim portions of the video seeking (-ss <hh:mms> -to <hh:mms>), using play time base and not the embedded timecode

Is there a way to trim portion of that .mxf using timecode?

thanks
    Last edited by marcorocchini; 30th Jun 2017 at 09:19.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Why do you think -ss and -to don't work for audio?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Because they use presentation time, not embedded timecode. I don't think there's a way to do this in FFmpeg; you have to manually calculate the offset from the first timecode in the file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Let me guess the reply.... but cats don't do math
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Because they use presentation time, not embedded timecode. I don't think there's a way to do this in FFmpeg; you have to manually calculate the offset from the first timecode in the file.
    [Attachment 42189 - Click to enlarge]

so how can I do?

avisynth?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I need to sincronize the audio recorded by a second camera independently from my camera. I can sync the 2 cameras but if possible I would "automatize" the process of sync the audio of the camera 2 with camera 1.

OR

to "resolve" yesterday I have buy a lectrosonics radio transmitter to send the audio from mixer directly to my camera
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  8. but is too complicated, I'm a **t
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Is that code for "bore"?
    Quote Quote