VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The rumors stating they would be out in late June 2017 appear to be true. I received an email from newegg.com this afternoon about a sale featuring the new socket LGA 2066 CPUs, starting today and ending on July 2.

I wonder how long it will take for our resident HEDT/new technology fanatic to post a parts list for a new build.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  2. thread ripper is what i'm waiting for not intel's rush job
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    thread ripper is what i'm waiting for not intel's rush job
    Rumors published by some websites in late 2016 predicted the release would come in August/September. There were also rumors in the past few months that the release would be in May/June as well as rumors stating the release would be delayed until early next year,

So given that the release actually took place in late June, I wouldn't say they were rushed to market, although some people are surprised that Kaby Lake X was released so soon after Kaby Lake.

[Edit]I have nothing against AMD, and in any case an HEDT is overkill for my next build. I'm waiting for Zen-based APUs to arrive before making any decision, but if I had to build a PC today, Intel would get my money. I can't have 4K Netflix streaming and UHD Blu-ray playback with any current AMD APUs.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th Jun 2017 at 14:36.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote