VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a Sony HDTV and also have a DVB card on my PC for watching satellite TV. Already I can stream channels through network using Progdvb or Dvbdream. DVBdream only support "UDP" streaming but Progdvb have more options for streaming, it support "Over HTTP"(a HTTP address that show channel names and file with m3u8 format), "IPTV", "Windows media streaming".

As far as I know my HDTV does not recognize this type of streams. It's only support DLNA. Is there any software solution(for Windows) to get live stream from Progdvb or Dvbdream and DLNA that to HDTV?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would say no, as you are mixing two technologies. In the case of your DVB card, you have a means to stream the broadcast as it's received.

DLNA uses a DLNA server on the host machine to read files from the HDD and then stream them to devices on the connect (in simple terms). The DLNA server only reads stored files, it doesn't intercept and convert incoming streams. Maybe I'm wrong, and someone can offer a solution.

The easiest solution would be to simply get a SAT receiver to connect to the TV, unless there is a third party app that can receive the DVB stream.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Windows Media Player has the ability to act as a DLNA server. If you can get it to play your DVB channels (I can play channels from my HD HomeRun cablecard device) it should be able to stream them to your TV via DLNA.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Windows Media Player has the ability to act as a DLNA server. If you can get it to play your DVB channels (I can play channels from my HD HomeRun cablecard device) it should be able to stream them to your TV via DLNA.
    I can get DVB channel with Windows Media Player by using Open URL but when I want to send it to HDTV(Cast to Device), it say that there's no item in playlist. Actually WMP does not recognize the url in playlist as an item to cast to device.

URL= http://192.168.10.24:10999/id/800134C3.0082000000BC04D0.3678
    Quote Quote