VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Loaded original DVD John Wick Chapter 2 in DVD player found the Video_TS file but would not add or slide ove on to DVD Flick what am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DVDFlick is a DVD authoring tool.....a VIDEO_TS folder is already a "DVD".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by wenbob20 View Post
    what am I doing wrong?
    If you're trying to shrink the size, you should first decrypt it to the hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry for my ignorance I must have misunderstood I thought I had to add the Video_TS file by adding it or dragging it over I do not to want to shrink the file or decrypt it plus I would not know how to do that I just want to burn and make a copy hope you can help

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  5. Then you don't need DVDFlick at all. Put the DVD on the hard drive and use ImgBurn to burn the VIDEO_TS folder and its contents to disk.

I always decrypt them first, myself, so someone else can say whether or not that step is absolutely necessary. And I hope you're using a dual layer blank DVD for burning as the single layer ones will be too small (won't hold all the data).
    Quote Quote  
  6. I was always under the impression that I had to brake the code on the movie DVD that I bought that is why I always used Anydvd but it did not work with Clone so after a search I found the DVD Flick and it looked good on the video. But when I tried to add the DVD movie to DVD Flick or slide it over nothing worked. So the question is what do I use to decrypt it or if I just use Imgburn I don't need it?

Thanks for your help

Bob
    Quote Quote  
  7. As I mentioned, I always decrypt a DVD first, but think you don't have to if you don't mind burning with the encryption still in place. Others will know better than I about that. Me, if I didn't mind possibly wasting a blank dual layer DVD, I'd go ahead and just burn it with ImgBurn.

DVDFab HD Decrypter is the decrypter of choice. Two possible problems, though, The latest John Wick is new enough that if it has a new encryption, DVDFab might not have been updated yet. Also, I've read that newer versions of DVDFab are no longer free but, again, someone else will have to advise.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Manono I can't thank you enough for your help it is starting to make sense now I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks again

Bob
    Quote Quote