VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I brought a lifetime licence a few years back & have only got a few dozen Blu-Ray titles out of it. I was shocked to learn how slysoft is gone & now Redfox is here.

I always assumed they were a rock, but now its clear nothing is secure. There is no way I will pay for another life time license as I only buy a hand full of obscure foreign blu-rays a year, but because they are new releases they always require anydvd to update.

What is know about slysoft/redfox? Are they just some programmers in an apartment? Given there past reputation I use to jokingly think they operated in a large building .

It seems tempting to get another anydvd license but nothing seems secure in this world, & who knows what the businessmen in $ollywood are up to.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is such a ridiculous thing to worry about...

Of course someone who has reason to think they will only need AnyDVD for between 1 and 3 years should only buy the subscription that fills their need.

Otherwise, do the math. Right now, a one year subscription costs €59, while a lifetime subscription costs €109. If Redfox is only around for two years, people who buy the lifetime subscription still come out a little ahead of those those who subscribe on a year-to-year basis because they fear Redfox will go out of business before their subscription expires.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    This is such a ridiculous thing to worry about...

Of course someone who has reason to think they will only need AnyDVD for between 1 and 3 years should only buy the subscription that fills their need.

Otherwise, do the math. Right now, a one year subscription costs €59, while a lifetime subscription costs €109. If Redfox is only around for two years, people who buy the lifetime subscription still come out a little ahead of those those who subscribe on a year-to-year basis because they fear Redfox will go out of business before their subscription expires.
    Such opinionated drivel. You may be a slave spending your time & money on 2 bit operations, paying every middle man your told to & taxes & fees to cease pool bureaucratic systems. Keep your internet crap . Blu-ray home video is the most broken experience unlike good old DVD. No wonder many pirate.

So stupid of me asking this on the internet, the replies are a a joke. The fog has cleared & I have learnt my lesson. Don't pay to watch your legally purchased Blu-rays , its one hideous web that supports it self.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you object to paying for software to play your movie collection, there is free software capable of playing Blu-ray discs (usually not perfectly) and free Blu-ray ripping software (usually not updated very often), but you never asked about that. Go look for it in the forum software section.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote