VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. When I open the following avs file in VirtualDub
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("D:\users\Username\portable programs\DGMPGDec DGIndex\unpacked\DGDecode.dll")
    MPEG2Source("D:\users\Username\temp\my d2v file.d2v")
    AssumeFPS(25, 1)
    AssumeTFF
    QTGMC(Preset="Slow")
    SelectEven()
    a window with the title "VirtualDub Error" appears, which says:
    Avisynth open failure:
    Script error: there is no function named "RemoveGrain"
    (QTGMC-3.32.avsi, line 756)
    (QTGMC-3.32.avsi, line 781)
    (QTGMC-3.32.avsi, line 386)
    (D:\users\Username\temp\my avisynth script.avs, line 5)
    The file "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll" is in "D:\installed programs\AviSynth\plugins".

Any solutions?

The AviSynth version that is installed on my PC is v.2.6.0 ST, 32-bit official build.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it work if you explicitly load it? Is your path at D:\installed programs\AviSynth\plugins
    the default avisynth plugin folder
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Does it work if you explicitly load it?
    No.

Eventually, I found what works. The following solution worked:
    - I deleted "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll" version 0.9 from "D:\installed programs\AviSynth\plugins";
    - I copied "RemoveGrainS.dll" version 1.0b to "D:\installed programs\AviSynth\plugins";
    - now there's no error when I open the avs file in virtualdub.

The strange thing is that it worked before, without having to replace "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll" version 0.9, with "RemoveGrainS.dll" version 1.0b. The only thing that changed since then is that I switched from Windows 7 (64 bit) to Windows 10 (64 bit), and I used the version of AviSynth 2.6 that was the latest then.
    Last edited by codemaster; 12th Jun 2017 at 22:33.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    According to the doc, removegrainS.dll is the big statically linked version
    with all dependencies built in. Thanks for the update
    Quote Quote  
  5. According to the doc, if there's a missing plugin error when using "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll", then there should be no error after replacing "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll" with "RemoveGrainS.dll".

But if I use "RemoveGrainS.dll" 0.9, I get the error "there is no function named RemoveGrain", and if I use "RemoveGrainS.dll" 1.0b, there's no error.

And last time I used QTGMC 3.32 and "RemoveGrainS.dll" 0.9, there was no error. It worked.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by codemaster View Post
    According to the doc, if there's a missing plugin error when using "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll", then there should be no error after replacing "RemoveGrainSSE2.dll" with "RemoveGrainS.dll".

But if I use "RemoveGrainS.dll" 0.9, I get the error "there is no function named RemoveGrain", and if I use "RemoveGrainS.dll" 1.0b, there's no error.

And last time I used QTGMC 3.32 and "RemoveGrainS.dll" 0.9, there was no error. It worked.
    Interesting. My acquaintance with this function is limited but I've seen similar before. Perhaps some other dependency changed
    somewhere along the line
    Quote Quote  
  7. RemoveGrain has been replaced by RGTools, which also replaces VerticalCleaner.dll, if you happen to be using it.

RGTools requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package. There's a link on the RGTools page, although you probably have it already if you're running Windows 10.

You might be using a bunch of outdated plugins. The latest version of QTGMC (3.357s) and it's required plugins can be found in this plugins pack, although a couple of the plugins have been updated since that pack was put together, so check the text file inside with links to each plugins, or there's an updated QTGMC wiki here with links to the current plugins.
    Quote Quote