VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a new Blu-Ray recorder (Panasonic BWT840) that I purchased about 3 months ago to replace a dead DVD recorder.

Both of these has DLNA, and are connected over a LAN. Using Windows 10, I could click through to either them from file explorer, browse the files on the hard drive, and copy them to the computers hard drive. They cam accross as standard MPG files, which I could then edit/convert etc as required.

This was working fine until 3 days ago. The Windows 10 did a mandatory update on my desktop. Since then I can still see the recorder in file explorer, click through to it, and browse all the files on the hard drive. However, I can no longer copy a file. When I try I get "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file", and an error code of 0x8000000A.

I'm attributing this to the windows update for want of a better theory. Is anyone else experiencing this and, if so, do you have a fix?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are the files still on your bluray recorder ?? It sounds like the ones on your
    Desktop Are Corrupt. Can you play any of the files ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes the files are still on the Blu Ray Recorder. Yes they still play fine.

The files on my desktop can't be corrupt. There are no files on my desktop. I get the error when I try to copy a file from the recorder to my desktop. It won't perform the copy since the windows upgrade.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It appears to definitely be related to the windows update.

I was comparing notes with another user on a different (local) forum I frequent. He is having the same issue - got the update yesterday, and can no longer copy files off his Panny recorder. And getting the same error message when he tries.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do a system restore and then turn off the updates,windows 10 really screws up peoples computers with their updates.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't think I could turn off the updates, so assumed if I did a system restore it would just update itself again?

I have done some more searching, and have come across people no longer being able to copy files from other brands of recorders (eg Humax) over DLNA as well, since the update.

So it is very clearly a windows issue.

How do I kill updates in a non-enterprise version of Windows 10?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Google turning off updates in windows 10,it will tell you all you need to know,all i tell other people is to go back to windows 7 cause windows 10 is a nightmare.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. There are problems with the master browser in 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Creator's Edition - it does not play nicely with some devices, including WDTV Live media players and some networked disc players. Some people have had success with workarounds. More info here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Update: In case it's of use to anyone with the same problem, it was a windows issue and rolling back the Creator's update fixed it.

However, a new problem seems to have crept into the system. Files copy properly as before. Except only files of up to 4GB (approx 2 hours in SD) copy correctly, and if they are larger then the copied file is truncated at the 4GB mark. I can still the correct size (eg 4.68GB) on the recorder in Windows explorer, but it won'g copy all the file. I have verified this on six different (>2 hour) recordings (all of which failed), and around twenty (<2 hour) recordings (all of which worked). I have also verified that my recorder has the latest firmware installed.

Curious...... and irritating!

I also note that some other DNLA implementations seem to be hitting a 4GB limit - eg, here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/possible-4gb-limit-for-dlna-streaming.897/
    Quote Quote