VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a JVC HRS-7600U and the video drum is not spinning, so I found a solution in this thread. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/357584-JVC-HR-S7600U-troubleshooting-Need-help-to-fix

I installed a new CP4001 fuse and now the video drum will not stop spinning until I unplug the power cable. It also seems to be spinning too fast. It just auto shut off once a tape is inside.

Attached is the service manual
    Image Attached Thumbnails JVC_HRS-7600_service_manual.pdf  

Last edited by digicube; 12th Jun 2017 at 16:16.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The drum does not stop spinning when power turned off unless I unplug the power cord.
    The tape loads and ejects properly. Capstan motor turns for a couple of seconds and then the VCRs shuts off.
    First video. The video drum starts spinning once I plug the power cable in and it's spinning too fast as I can feel vibrations throughout the VCR. I insert a tape and it shuts off.
    2nd video is when a tape is inside and I power on, then it shuts off and I press eject.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by digicube; 10th Jun 2017 at 15:14.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a circuit protector with two legs. Does it matter which way round it's installed ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes it matters according to the diagram on the board.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Did you get it the right way round ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    yes.
    OK, sorry, I've no further thoughts on this one.

Coincidentally I also have a JVC VCR, the HR-S3500u that has the exact same symptom. The spinning head remains stationary.
    I suspect the cause to be the protection fuse, but so far, I have neither identified the part nor it's location on the circuit board.

Perhaps I should revisit it, the device has been under the bed for two years now
    Quote Quote  
  7. Such a shame if I have throw away two SVHS VCRs as I don't have space to store them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Check out my lazy soldering. I wonder which electronic component controls the speed of the drum.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1457.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	41886  

Last edited by digicube; 12th Jun 2017 at 16:17.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't look that bad to me. Did you get it working ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. No. I have to figure what's controlling the drum speed because it won't stop spinning even when shut off.
    Last edited by digicube; 12th Jun 2017 at 16:30.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps go to the youtube channel of 12voltvids and drop him a message. He's replied to me in the past,
    perhaps he can help
    Quote Quote  
  12. His new videos are not VCR related. I don't know if it's rude to ask about VCRs when the video is about TVs. I've asked in one his old VCR repair videos but no replies. I'm assuming he doesn't reply to old videos anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Someone told me the server has failed. Is the server the controller board on top of the video drum?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    I've asked in one his old VCR repair videos but no replies. I'm assuming he doesn't reply to old videos anymore.
    YouTube notifications don't differentiate the comments by video post date. A month ago, I posted a comment on a 2-year-old video and he replied.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What's a good analog oscilloscope to buy?

The fuse blew again, I had to solder a new one again.

Here is the pic of CN3001 Pin 1-5. Pin 1 is 12V, Pin 2,3,4 is 0V, Pin 5 is 1.3V
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1464.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	41895  

Quote Quote  
  16. Looks like the stator chip JCM5039 maybe bad.
    Quote Quote