VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking to make copies with NO quality loss and I will likely save them as iso files for playback over my mediaplayers. I've read so many threads on the subject it has set my head spinning but most of them didn't really propose doing what I wish to do. They were discussing converting or shrinking the file and quite a few had some age on their original posting date. I just want to make perfect 1:1 iso files and need recommendations for the best software to use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you are happy to just do the main movie then MakeMKV is quick and doesn't re-encode. 1:1 copy of the main movie. http://www.makemkv.com/onlinehelp/
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks guys for the replies.

netmask56 I'm actually looking to make 1:1 copies of the entire disc. My plan is to save them as an ISO so that when I mount them through the mediaplayer it will be just like loading a disc in my Oppo.

VideoGuruDude I am actually using a trial version of DVDFab right now. It seems to be highly thought of but before I commit and make a purchase I just wanted to know what others thought.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never tried DVDFab HD to copy a Blu-ray disc, but I think it may be the only Blu-ray decryption software for which ISO output is an option.

I have tried MakeMKV, which saved everything (first play, main movie, extras, menus) on the Blu-ray disc when used in "Backup" mode. However, there is no option in MakeMKV to produce an ISO as output. "Backup" can only output the disc contents as files and folders. ...but ImgBurn can be used to create an ISO from the files and folders. As a test, I mounted such an ISO and played it with PowerDVD. It worked just like the original. DVDFab HD is probably a better option for someone wanting an ISO, but if it fails for some reason, MakeMKV might be worth trying.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for that usually_quiet!
    Quote Quote  
  6. If you're looking for 1:1 copies then just rip the bloomin' discs onto your hdd - no loss at all.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Use makemkv choose backup then delete the makemkv directory and use img burn to turn it into an ISO
    Quote Quote