VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I am finding this script very strange, as I use cinde program http://www.cinexhd2.com/cinde-the-cinavia-detector/ to scan for cinavia

I scan movies before I convert to DVD IE: AUDIO AND VIDEO folders and it said no cinavia detected. I also scanned the after converted to DVD. but when I tried movie on my home blueray player it stopped a short way into movie saying about cinavia

is there a better scan program to detect cinavia, also is there a program to remove it
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvdfab will remove Cinavia from both bluray and dvd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Dvdfab will remove Cinavia from both bluray and dvd
    Well yes I did discover that. but at 174 GBP 224,25 USD is way too expensive for me. but how comes it said no cinavia but after playing it in a blueray player it had it on movie
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    dvdfab has an option to remove cinavia
    just make sure you check that box
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Ally68 View Post

Yes but as I said above it costs 174 GBP 224.5 USD way too expensive

also where do it show a box to remove cinavia https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVDFab
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by natty View Post
    Originally Posted by Ally68 View Post

also where do it show a box to remove cinavia https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVDFab
    See here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-cinavia-removal.htm?trackID=productpage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Buying a media player without Cinavia (and an USB stick if you don't want to stream via LAN) is cheaper.

And see their DVD and Blu-Ray lists. Lots of unsupported titles.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Has anybody done a test of the Cinavia Removal by DVD Fab? According to their website (maybe misleading) , Cinevia is removed without any side effects. How true is this? Is the audio noticeably worse? How much worse? It seems that Cinavia removal is a separate option with its own price. I'd like someone to cut through the baloney and give the straight facts.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimdagys View Post
    Has anybody done a test of the Cinavia Removal by DVD Fab? According to their website (maybe misleading) , Cinevia is removed without any side effects. How true is this? Is the audio noticeably worse? How much worse? It seems that Cinavia removal is a separate option with its own price. I'd like someone to cut through the baloney and give the straight facts.
    See here - https://www.google.com/amp/www.myce.com/review/dvdfab-cinaviaremoval-hd-review-78133/a...-review-78133/
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Ally68 View Post

See here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-cinavia-removal.htm?trackID=productpage
    Like i said above its way too expensive for me. also I still have not had any reply about how comes when I scanned movie with CinDe and it said no cinavia detected, yet when movie was played on a blue ray player it had cinavia on it
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Buying a media player without Cinavia (and an USB stick if you don't want to stream via LAN) is cheaper.

I dont understand your reply, how do you mean buying a media player without Cinavia (and an USB stick if you don't want to stream via LAN) is cheaper.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Your Blu-ray player is "Cinavia enabled". Means it will look for Cinavia watermarks in the audio and if it finds one it will stop playback. Every Blu-ray player released after a certain date is required to do this. But most other players (e.g. FireTV) do not care about Cinavia at all. You can buy such media players for < 50 bucks. Then you can copy the movies onto a USB drive/external HDD and attach that to the player or stream via LAN/wifi from your PC to the media player. Seems like the better investment.

Btw, are you burning DVD-Video (with VIDEO_TS folder etc.) or something like AVCHD/MP4/MKV? If it's the former you could also buy a cheap DVD player without Cinavia if they still exist. Found this thread on redfox recommending some Sony model. I'm not sure about that, though.
    Last edited by sneaker; 4th Jun 2017 at 05:00.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Your Blu-ray player is "Cinavia enabled". Means it will look for Cinavia watermarks in the audio and if it finds one it will stop playback. Every Blu-ray player released after a certain date is required to do this. But most other players (e.g. FireTV) do not care about Cinavia at all. You can buy such media players for < 50 bucks. Then you can copy the movies onto a USB drive/external HDD and attach that to the player or stream via LAN/wifi from your PC to the media player. Seems like the better investment.

Btw, are you burning DVD-Video (with VIDEO_TS folder etc.) or something like AVCHD/MP4/MKV? If it's the former you could also buy a cheap DVD player without Cinavia if they still exist. Found this thread on redfox recommending some Sony model. I'm not sure about that, though.
    Yes I burnt dvd as DVD-Video (with VIDEO_TS folder etc.) but just found it very strange when i scanned movie whilst it was .mkv and also after converting to DVD VIDEO_TS folder it said no cinavia detected

Like I said $174 is a lot of money just to remove a water mark
    Quote Quote  
  14. Then buy one of said media players and copy the .mkv to USB drive or stream via wifi/LAN. Saves you time, trouble, money.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm really happy with my Popcorn A500. Plays pretty well anything including H265 files. Good built in video jukebox interface and gets all the film details and subs if you want them. A bit on the high end price for US buyers but perfectly reasonable where I live.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  16. yes that is $200 or something but there are solutions even much cheaper like this Android device, and many more https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072HGWV2K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 in USA now $32
    I'm sure he could find an app /player for that Android that would understand VIDEO_TS structure, but if he starts to to work with DVD's he perhaps should make MKV's or MP4 or just mpg as simple copy of that DVD to have it streaming ready for any device.

There are people that care for smooth playback, respecting 23.976 fps etc. , for those cheap devices, without glitching (Kodi is not 100%) , getting correct audio channels out, but today it is possible, for example for Amlogic S905 there is LibreElec solution , I know nerd stuff, but possible, actually getting that cheap Amlogic S 905 and having LibreElec on it (replacing Kodi), you have quite solid media player, streamer.
    Last edited by _Al_; 4th Jun 2017 at 10:03.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Your Blu-ray player is "Cinavia enabled". Means it will look for Cinavia watermarks in the audio and if it finds one it will stop playback. Every Blu-ray player released after a certain date is required to do this. But most other players (e.g. FireTV) do not care about Cinavia at all. You can buy such media players for < 50 bucks. Then you can copy the movies onto a USB drive/external HDD and attach that to the player or stream via LAN/wifi from your PC to the media player. Seems like the better investment.

I agree that if one is starting with an MKV file, using a hardware media player in combination with an external hard drive or USB stick containing said MKV file makes more sense than going the DVD route, in most cases.

However, I suspect that almost any DVD-only player would work just fine with a home-made authored DVD created from an MKV file. Unlike Blu-Ray players and UHD Blu-ray players, DVD-only players are not required to comply with Cinavia copy protection. The manufacturer would need to add that feature voluntarily and I doubt that many would want to pay the extra cost for doing so.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  18. Well the dvd players are not mine as its a friend and she only has blueray players, she wont go buying a media player etc, just so she can play cinavia movies.

But I still have not been given an answer to as to why when I scanned a movie in .mkv format with a cinavia scan program called CinDe, whichh said no cinavia detected. also after I converted the movie to DVD IE: VIDEO_TS etc folders it still said no cinavia detected, yet once my friend played movie on her blueray player it had cinavia on it. so whats point in CinDe saying no cinavia detected when it was on movie. seems a bit mis leading to me. whats point in scanning for cinavia then

Hope someone here can explain why
    Quote Quote  
  19. We don't know. Cinavia is secret technology. CinDe and other ripper tools try to earn $$$ and also keep the technical details hidden. Ask their support why their software does not work as advertised.

Tell your friend she has got to buy a different player for 50 bucks as Cinavia removal is too complicated, error prone and expensive for you.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    We don't know. Cinavia is secret technology. CinDe and other ripper tools try to earn $$$ and also keep the technical details hidden. Ask their support why their software does not work as advertised.

Tell your friend she has got to buy a different player for 50 bucks as Cinavia removal is too complicated, error prone and expensive for you.

Well she wont be doing that, so i guess i will have to check what movies have cinavia on them, I think there is web page showing all movies what have that. so that CinDe is a waste of time then to scan for it
    Quote Quote  
  21. Or she could, you know, buy the genuine discs and play those on her Bluray player?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by TimA-C View Post
    Or she could, you know, buy the genuine discs and play those on her Bluray player?
    Are you talking about buy blueray discs, as what difference will it make if movie has cinavia on it.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TimA-C View Post
    Or she could, you know, buy the genuine discs and play those on her Bluray player?
    Are you talking about buy blueray discs, as what difference will it make if movie has cinavia on it.
    If the DVD copy has Cinavia, that means it was made from a commercially produced DVD or Blu-ray disc. Since the copy you made won't play in your friend's player and she can't use something else to play the movie, you can solve this problem by loaning your own commercial DVD to your friend so she watch this movie, or she can solve the problem by purchasing a commercially produced DVD of the same movie for herself.

...and it is beginning to look like these are the only solutions this forum's AUP will allow at this point. Making copies of commercial DVDs or Blu-ray discs to give to friends would violate our warez rules.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 5th Jun 2017 at 11:36.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Originally Posted by TimA-C View Post
    If the DVD copy has Cinavia, that means it was made from a commercially produced DVD or Blu-ray disc. Since the copy you made won't play in your friend's player and she can't use something else to play the movie, you can solve this problem by loaning your own commercial DVD to your friend so she watch this movie, or she can solve the problem by purchasing a commercially produced DVD of the same movie for herself.

...and it is beginning to look like these are the only solutions this forum's AUP will allow at this point. Making copies of commercial DVDs or Blu-ray discs to give to friends would violate our warez rules.
    What he said!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Buying a media player without Cinavia (and an USB stick if you don't want to stream via LAN) is cheaper.

...not with my blu-ray player. I just tried a cinavia protected video file on a usb stick, in my blu-ray player. got the cinavia error.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post
    ...not with my blu-ray player. I just tried a cinavia protected video file on a usb stick, in my blu-ray player. got the cinavia error.
    That is because your Bluray player isn't a media player, it is a Bluray player that also plays media files and it comes with mandatory cinavia detection. You need a device that has no cinavia detection built in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...I then tried playing inferno on my macbook sending the stream through an hdmi cable. That worked but hdmi currently flaky in high sierra, so unwatchable. Ive dowloded all sorce code for the major cinavidia-free media players.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post
    ...I then tried playing inferno on my macbook sending the stream through an hdmi cable. That worked but hdmi currently flaky in high sierra, so unwatchable. Ive dowloded all sorce code for the major cinavidia-free media players.
    Only BDA-licensed software Blu-ray/media players (for example, Cyberlink PowerDVD, Corel WinDVD Pro, ArcSoft TotalMediaTheatre) are required to recognize Cinavia. It is part of the license. Unlicensed software Blu-ray/media players (for example, PotPlayer, VLC, Leawo Blu-ray Player, DVDFab Player, Kodi) won't ever have a need to respond to Cinavia.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ...for the moment. A new law passed by congress and the eu could change that at anytime. Im not waiting till that happens.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by GrampaD View Post
    ...for the moment. A new law passed by congress and the eu could change that at anytime. Im not waiting till that happens.
    It would take a very widely scoped law to do that, and some very brave legislators. The knock-on costs to software creators being forced to comply with licence stipulations for technology they don't use would be enormous, and it wouldn't impact existing hardware already in peoples homes unless the laws were even more all-encompassing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Plus, AFAIK, the requirements for cinavia are not based on law but licence agreements for using Bluray association protected technologies or intelectual property.
    Last edited by davejavu; 27th Dec 2017 at 16:20. Reason: Added 2nd paragraph.
    Quote Quote