VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

How do I convert Avconv configs to megui or other software that works on windows?

Whats codec used for lossless record?

I need to configure using the configs below:

Code:
    This is the core of encoding mp4 at native resolution:
    avconv -y -i concat:filename.intro.avi\|filename.gameplay.avi -c:v libx264 -preset veryslow -q 1 -global_quality 1 -pix_fmt yuv444p -strict experimental ${VF} -c:a aac -b:a 192k ${AF} ${ASPECT_RATIO} -r 29.97 -metadata title="${META_TITLE}" -metadata artist="${META_ARTIST}" -metadata genre="${META_GENRE}" -metadata comment="${META_COMMENT}" "${PROJECT_ROOT}/output/${NAME_OUTPUT}.mp4"

Where:
    - ASPECT_RATIO is like "-af 21:9" or "-af 244:366"
    - META_* are metadata textual informations (see descriptions of my videos on Youtube). They are packed by my website because bash is not the best option to manage strings
    - PROJECT_ROOT is the main folder of the project
    - NAME_OUTPUT is the romset name plus other information (i.e. "mslug.shortplay.2015-05-23")
    - AF is the audio filters option, because some gameplay is muted (errors on emulation) or with a low volume. For example:: "volume=volume=0.4" or "volume=volume=0"
    - VF is the video filters option, with crop, resize, pad, interlace, rotate and other transformation. For example: "crop=320:240:0:0", "scale=256:288", "pad=512:384:1:0", "yadif=0:0" or combine multiple values "transpose=1,pad=104:160:1:0". "crop" cut a portion of the frame, "scale" resize the frame, "pad" add extra px, "yadif" is for interlaced videos, "transpose" rotate the frame.

The color format is yuv444p and it's not compatibile with all players (i.e. Hyperspin front-end) but is necessary for maximum quality for colors.
    AAC audio is 192k that for arcade games is a big value, but in my tests this is a good choice. 128k is also good enough.
    Preset veryslow and global_quality 1 is for lossless compression for video part.
    If you need to select only a portion of a video, use -ss and -t parameters.
    If you need to add fade-in or fade-out effects (i.e. gameplay and intro are cross-faded), use the video filter "fade" option:
    -vf fade=in:${START_FRAME}:30,fade=out:${STOP_FRAME}:20
    Ps: yuv444p is very necessary for me.

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 31st May 2017 at 02:21.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use it regularly myself, but I imagine your command line would be much the same for ffmpeg, or even exactly the same.

-crf 0 and -qp 0 are both lossless for h264. The rest of the x264 settings would only effect speed and compression.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    I don't use it regularly myself, but I imagine your command line would be much the same for ffmpeg, or even exactly the same.

-crf 0 and -qp 0 are both lossless for h264. The rest of the x264 settings would only effect speed and compression.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/H.264
    Thanks for reply Hello_Hello.

FFMPEG is cmd only. I need a Windows software configured using the settings above.

Megui? Handbrake? Ripbot264??

Can someone make this?

Claudio
    Quote Quote