VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way to scan for null or inserted frames in Virtualdub?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by premiumcapture View Post
    Is there a way to scan for null or inserted frames in Virtualdub?
    What did you mean by "null" ? Did you mean inserted duplicate frames ?

There are ways indirectly with avisynth script in vdub. I'm not aware of any with vdub alone
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by premiumcapture View Post
    Is there a way to scan for null or inserted frames in Virtualdub?
    What did you mean by "null" ? Did you mean inserted duplicate frames ?

There are ways indirectly with avisynth script in vdub. I'm not aware of any with vdub alone
    That's exactly it. Prior instances of inserted frames I have found in captures show as duplicate frames. Which script were you thinking of?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If the capture was made with VirtualDub, Go -> Next drop frame which is Shift+] i.e. the } character. This will jump to frames that were marked as Inserted in the Capture mode. In the status bar with the frame # & timecode they will be marked with [D] instead of [K].

I don't know whether this will detect what Lagarith calls Null frames. And captures made using other software may or may not mark inserted frames the same way.

I don't know why the "dub" mode of VDub uses different terminology than the Capture mode. When you open a capture, there is no way to find the locations of what the Capture mode actually refers to as Dropped. Those frames are completely missing from the output file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    If the capture was made with VirtualDub, Go -> Next drop frame which is Shift+] i.e. the } character. This will jump to frames that were marked as Inserted in the Capture mode. In the status bar with the frame # & timecode they will be marked with [D] instead of [K].

I don't know why the "dub" mode of VDub uses different terminology than the Capture mode. When you open a capture, there is no way to find the locations of what the Capture mode actually refers to as Dropped. Those frames are completely missing from the output file.
    Captures were from Amarec...I haven't had a frame dropped in quite a while, but I lost the logs for some particular files so I am trying to verify if these were good captures or not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have an AmaRec capture that I labelled in the filename with +15f, and I can indeed count all 15 using Shift+].
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    I have an AmaRec capture that I labelled in the filename with +15f, and I can indeed count all 15 using Shift+].
    Just to clarify, they are all inserted frames?
    Quote Quote  
  8. An AVISynth script can easily find exact duplicates. You simply use one of the YDifference functions, and when they return zero, you know you have a duplicate.

This script replaces each duplicate with a new frame that is synthesized from the first frame prior to the duplicate:
    Code:
    function filldrops (clip c)
    {
      super=MSuper(c,pel=2)
      vfe=manalyse(super,truemotion=true,isb=false,delta=1)
      vbe=manalyse(super,truemotion=true,isb=true,delta=1)
      filldrops = mflowinter(c,super,vbe,vfe,time=50)
      fixed = ConditionalFilter(c, filldrops, c, "YDifferenceFromPrevious()", "lessthan", "1.1")
      return fixed
    }
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks, I was able to get a fresh capture with known inserts to test and Vaporeon's info was solid. This is definitely good to know too!

Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    An AVISynth script can easily find exact duplicates. You simply use one of the YDifference functions, and when they return zero, you know you have a duplicate.

This script replaces each duplicate with a new frame that is synthesized from the first frame prior to the duplicate:
    Code:
    function filldrops (clip c)
    {
      super=MSuper(c,pel=2)
      vfe=manalyse(super,truemotion=true,isb=false,delta=1)
      vbe=manalyse(super,truemotion=true,isb=true,delta=1)
      filldrops = mflowinter(c,super,vbe,vfe,time=50)
      fixed = ConditionalFilter(c, filldrops, c, "YDifferenceFromPrevious()", "lessthan", "1.1")
      return fixed
    }
    Quote Quote