VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. There is a movie called Kedi that went from the art cinemas directly to Youtube Red. The movie did not come out in DVD. Of course, as soon as the movie came out on Youtube Red, the movie appeared in other places on the web. I looked at Youtube Red and it costs $10 a month. One can sign up for a free month with credit card and then cancel.
    My question is, does youtube red allow for poor internet and let you download the movie? If so, does one need proprietary Youtube software to watch the downloaded movie ( to prevent copying the movie)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Having a free trial period and allowing subscribers to easily make personal copies of all the videos they might want to see in that time would be a very poor business model.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. A simple google search turns up this:

https://www.youtube.com/red

In short Red is not what you think it is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. Take a look at https://www.kedifilm.com/ and see what it says there. In addition to enabling subscribers to watch regular YouTube video without ads, a YouTube Red subscription includes access the above mentioned 'Kedi' and other videos that are not available from YouTube without a Red subscription.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th May 2017 at 01:07.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ^^^Is this meant to somehow contradict what I wrote?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    ^^^Is this meant to somehow contradict what I wrote?
    Yes. Your linked page says "Uninterrupted music, ad-free videos, and more", which doesn't exactly clarify that a Red subscription includes access to original (and possibly exclusive) YouTube content like Kedi.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    YouTube doesn't allow downloads for most content anyway, so I doubt Red is any different.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote