VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After years doing oral histories consumer grade cameras, I have hundreds of tapes to digitise. I upgraded to the HV40 after my Sony HDV camera died. I didn't have the HV40's long before it's power terminal was damaged so could only use batteries to power it and by the time the camera ability to power up at all Canon was right into selling their cameras that would only use memory cards. I contacted Cannon and they wouldn't even look at it and told me it was now just a paperweight.

But I need to continue digitising these tapes, so bought a second hand HV40. Problem is I can't seem to get it into playback mode. It comes up with what looks like a flashing memory card and I can't seem to access the main menu in order to switch it back to tape record/playback mode. I've never used memoriy cards, only minHDV tapes so never had to adjust those settings or many settings in general. I'm obviously missing a step here so would really appreciate any assistance or advice anyone with experience with this camera.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Is the tape/card switch set to tape?

Name:  tapeswitch.png
Views: 332
Size:  55.1 KB
    Quote Quote