VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by end-user View Post
    So then, is the issue that would prevent me from losslessly capturing the AC-3 stream along with the HD video on any of these capture cards an issue with the CAPTURE software or the LOSSLESS COMPRESSION software?
    The issue is with the capture software. The capture software would have to support AC3 capture in some way. The capture software would also need to support using a lossless encoder, either lossless h.264 or one of the others. Some software only supports using specific encoders supplied with the software.

Do any of the AverMedia Cards capture losslessly?
    For video yes, but captured audio will be 2-channel.

The HD Fury rep says over and over that their Integral doesn't actually bypass HDCP 2.2, it just converts it from HDCP 2.2 --> HDCP 1.4. Has HDCP 2.2 actually been cracked or not?
    In some way shape or form, HDCP 2.2 has been cracked. There are UHD resolution warez releases which appear to have been recorded from a UHD source. Finding a device to strip HDCP 2.2 isn't easy. See http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39508 (Ask any more questions you have about HDCP 2.2 strippers in that other thread.)

...and HDMI 2.1 is coming. It is rumored to be making its debut on consumer electronics in 2018, to provide support for dynamic HDR whenever it becomes available.

[Edit]
    Has anyone had any experience with the Deltacast capture card family out of Belgium? I realize it probably won't solve my issue of capturing 5.1 audio, but the HD Fury rep over on the AVSForum in post #878 strongly implies that the firmware inside the Deltacast h4k-elp 20 card (and presumably the h4k2-elp 20 card strips HDCP 2.2.
    I was too tired to wade through the AVS forum thread last night. You need hacked firmware for the Deltacast capture cards in order to bypass HDCP. My guess is said firmware is not going to be available from the manufacturer. Be sure you can find it before buying one of the Deltacast cards.

...and I think I'm done with this thread, since your interest now seems to be in very expensive pro devices, the proper use of which is beyond my level of expertise. Good luck.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 27th May 2017 at 11:42.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  2. usually_quiet, thanks very much for the great links and info. And thanks for doing it when you were tired.

Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    ...and I think I'm done with this thread, since your interest now seems to be in very expensive pro devices, the proper use of which is beyond my level of expertise..
    Not necessarily! I've got a $95 Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner Card on the way from B&H Photo based on your and JVRaines' advice. Very expensive pro devices are going to be a last resort.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jaibubwan View Post
    I inadvertently discovered its multichannel audio capability...while recording a live internet video stream that delivered 5.1 audio.
    I played back the recording on my computer, and various parts of the video were missing certain dialog & sounds.

Then it hit me. In the capture card properties, it displayed all the channels of audio.
    @jaibuwan
    Does that mean that you can hear multichannel sound (5.1) with the Magewell card but you canīt record it due to lag of software currently avaiable?! Also with the beta software no multichannel lpcm recording support?...I will know soon, Iīve bought one today.

@vaporeon800
    Can I hear and record with Decklink Mini Recorder 4K with Blackmagic Media Express Software multichannel lpcm (e.g. 5.1) via hdmi?

I have a Hauppauge Collossus2 here and also Skydigital U3T and Skydigital Supercast X. (all with AC3 support)
    But I want to get rid of the lag from the Collossus2 (~1 second) and the Skydigital devices are flaky with my computer equipment.
    Last edited by xxxxx; 28th May 2017 at 06:10.
    Quote Quote  
  4. xxxxx, exactly which Magewell card did you buy? And where did you get the beta software for it?

And did you have any luck capturing either an AC3 stream or uncompressed 5.1 ch audio on either of your Skydigital devices?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by xxxxx View Post
    Can I hear and record with Decklink Mini Recorder 4K with Blackmagic Media Express Software multichannel lpcm (e.g. 5.1) via hdmi?
    Yes. Multichannel LPCM capture is an official feature, up to 8ch over HDMI.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hello end-user, you can record ac3 stream and record uncompressed video with the skydigital SuperCastX6 (tested with Ut Video Codec).
    With the U3T also (no tested but the same software)
    But they are flaky. e.g. sometimes BSOD in windows 8(10) with my mainboard, perhaps a hardware config error or a driver error?
    The Hauppauge Collossus 2 also records ac3 but with video compressed. (max. bitrate 14000kbps)
    This card is very stable, no problem with recordings at all. But it has a live video delay of 1-2 seconds (thats to much for me.)
    I think Iīve bought the same card as jaibubwan, the Magewell Pro Capture HDMI.
    He said in his posting that he has become a beta software.
    Originally Posted by jaibubwan View Post
    I actually bought this last month (the "pro" 1 channel model, ie. single HDMI input).
    This is a completely unofficial thing & not supported...but the Chinese support guy's great. He's giving me unreleased beta software & plugins, and holding my hand until it works.
    My main goal is to only watch multichannel audio with video. I dont need to record it - perhaps later as a feature.
    Last edited by xxxxx; 28th May 2017 at 14:28.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Yes. Multichannel LPCM capture is an official feature, up to 8ch over HDMI.
    But vaporeon, I thought you were saying that 5.1 LPCM was automatically recorded as 2 channel audio by the Blackmagic capture software. Have you successfully captured uncompressed video + 5.1 LPCM on a Blackmagic product? If so, would I somehow be able to convert the AC3 stream coming out of the DVR to 5.1 LPCM before it gets to the capture card?

Hello end-user, you can record ac3 stream and record uncompressed video with the skydigital SuperCastX6 (tested with Ut Video Codec).
    With the U3T also (no tested but the same software)
    But they are flaky. e.g. sometimes BSOD in windows 8(10) with my mainboard, perhaps a hardware config error or a driver error?
    Wow, have you actually had first hand success with this on a Skydigital SuperCastX6? Do you know if it is still available for purchase anywhere?

And by U3T do you actually mean U3.0?

usually_quiet provided this Sept 2013 link from a guy who said he couldn't capture 5.1 on a Skydigital U3.0. If you have a Skydigital U3.0, would it be asking too much to see if you are able to do it??
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know if it is still available for purchase anywhere?
    There are ebay sellers for the Skydigital SuperCastX6 HDMI who will ship one to you from Korea. Note that this is a PCI-e x2 card. Hopefully you have an empty x4 or x16 slot for it, and you may need to tinker with BIOS settings to install it. Also remember that xxxxx said it was a flakey piece of gear for him.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. Image
    [Attachment 41740 - Click to enlarge]

@end-user
    I made a quick uncompressed video recording with ut video with ac3. see picture, the usb device is also shown.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    But vaporeon, I thought you were saying that 5.1 LPCM was automatically recorded as 2 channel audio by the Blackmagic capture software.
    Don't know what caused this confusion.

Have you successfully captured uncompressed video + 5.1 LPCM on a Blackmagic product?
    Yes. You need very fast storage to do this with HD video, though.

If so, would I somehow be able to convert the AC3 stream coming out of the DVR to 5.1 LPCM before it gets to the capture card?
    JVRaines' original suggestion of TOSLINK-to-HDMI audio injection. If your DVR could output 5.1 LPCM itself you wouldn't need anything more than the Blackmagic card, but your testing indicated that your DVR can only do AC3 bitstream or 2ch PCM.
    Quote Quote  
  11. So it looks like I may have 3 options: a buggy internal Skydigital CaptureX6, an external Skydigital U3.0 and a Blackmagic card that would require an HDMI injector.

xxxxx, thanks for the awesome screenshot showing uncompressed video + DD AC3 CAN indeed be recorded with the external Skydigital U3.0!
    This brings up a few questions if you don't mind. Have you had any issues with the U3.0 being flaky or buggy? Is your OS Windows 8 or 10? Have you had A-V sync or dropped frame or quality issues with either of the Skydigital cards? Can lossless compression codecs other than ut video be used with either the U3.0 or the X6? In your screenshot, why is the ut video codec listed within the analog box rather than the digital box?

And how is Skydigital support? Do I need to speak or read Korean?

And is the CaptureX6 supposed to be able to capture 2160p60? It says something about that in this link but it's written in Korean!

Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Have you successfully captured uncompressed video + 5.1 LPCM on a Blackmagic product?
    Yes. You need very fast storage to do this with HD video, though.
    Would the write speed of 6GB/s on my Seagate 8TB BarraCuda Pro 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal HDDs in RAID 1 (mirroring) configuration be fast enough to keep up with the stream or would you get a high capacity SSD? And did you use the Blackmagic IP4K to do it?

Question for anyone: are there any disadvantages of using an external versus internal capture card?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by end-user View Post
    Would the write speed of 6GB/s on my Seagate 8TB BarraCuda Pro 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal HDDs in RAID 1 (mirroring) configuration be fast enough to keep up with the stream
    Your drives do not have 6 GB/s write speed. That's transfer rate of the interface. You will only ever see that rate when transferring a tiny amount of data between the computer and the drive's cache memory. The actual sustained write speed of the drives is a few hundred MB/s.
    Quote Quote  
  13. OK, thanks jagabo for pointing out the difference. Do you think it's fast enough though or not? And will the RAID 1 mirroring configuration slow the capturing/writing process down or will it be the same as if I only had 1 hard drive?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, thanks jagabo for pointing out the difference. Do you think it's fast enough though or not? And will the RAID 1 mirroring configuration slow the capturing/writing process down or will it be the same as if I only had 1 hard drive?
    Only really need to write ~25MBytes per second for losslessly compressed 1080p/i video, and maybe 3 times that for completely uncompressed YV12 (4:2:0).

Edit: Also want to keep the HDD used for recording fairly defragmented, as write speeds will drop dramatically if the HDD tries writing in heavily fragmented areas.
    Last edited by KarMa; 29th May 2017 at 20:51.
    Quote Quote  
  15. OK, thanks KarMa, that's good to know. It looks like mine has a max sustainable transfer rate of 220 Mb/s, so I should be fine.

I did notice though, that Skydigital recommended using a separate HDD from the HDD the OS is using to do the video captures. If I wanted to add a separate 500 GB or 1TB SSD to my system to use exclusively for video capture, then transfer the completed file to the 8TB RAID 1 HDD for permanent storage, would that work?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If I wanted to add a separate 500 GB or 1TB SSD to my system to use exclusively for video capture, then transfer the completed file to the 8TB RAID 1 HDD for permanent storage, would that work?
    It would work.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Your drives do not have 6 GB/s write speed. That's transfer rate of the interface.
    Plus the interface speed is actually 6Gbps = 6 GigaBITS/sec = 750MB/sec = 715.3 MiB/sec (the one that Windows calls MB).

https://toolstud.io/data/bandwidth.php?compare=network&speed=6&speed_unit=Gbps

Would the write speed of 6GB/s on my Seagate 8TB BarraCuda Pro 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal HDDs in RAID 1 (mirroring) configuration be fast enough to keep up with the stream or would you get a high capacity SSD?
    Blackmagic has a utility built for testing this, though for some reason it only provides values for 10-bit captures. Given the data rates, I guess multiplying the 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 frame counts by 1.33 would tell you the approx FPS you can capture in 8-bit. But this doesn't factor in audio capture.

4GB test on Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD with only 5GB free.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung 500GB SSD, 4GB test, 5.50GB free.png
Views:	183
Size:	718.6 KB
ID:	41757

And did you use the Blackmagic IP4K to do it?
    Yes, capturing to SSD.

Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Only really need to write ~25MBytes per second for losslessly compressed 1080p/i video, and maybe 3 times that for completely uncompressed YV12 (4:2:0).
    Capturing LPCM 5.1 with Blackmagic's cards means using their own software, which doesn't support lossless compression or YV12. Sometimes they even force you to capture 10-bit uncompressed when the source is 8-bit.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Would anyone care to comment on which of these 2 Skydigital external capture cards would have the most advanced capabilities?

The U3.0 seems to capture uncompressed video up to 1080p30 + AC3
    The U6T seems to capture up to 1080p60 (RGB 24bit 3mbps) and 2160p60 (YUV 16bit 2mbps) + AC3
    I must admit I don't yet fully understand the quality differences between the RGB and YUV color schemes.

Also, I can't tell if the U6T records lossless and uncompressed video or if it is lossy.

And is there any site that shows all of the Skydigital products in one place? I've only been able to find them one by one.

Edit: Oh, and if any of the newer forum members are interested, here is a thread that describes some of the technical differences between internal and external video capture cards. Although it is more from the standpoint of gamers who like to livestream rather than people like me who just want to record stuff, I found it quite educational.
    Last edited by end-user; 30th May 2017 at 01:29. Reason: Addition to post
    Quote Quote  
  19. vaporeon, thanks for providing all of that great info. Much appreciated.

Capturing LPCM 5.1 with Blackmagic's cards means using their own software, which doesn't support lossless compression or YV12. Sometimes they even force you to capture 10-bit uncompressed when the source is 8-bit.
    But you CAN then take the uncompressed video + LPCM 5.1 you've just recorded on the Blackmagic software, stick it in VirtualDub or OBS or something similar and THEN losslessly compress it right? Just checking!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Multimedia section of their Korean site: http://skyok.co.kr/?cat=2
    Capture Card section of their Japanese site, though it would appear they released fewer devices there: http://www.skyok.co.jp/ (dunno how to direct link)

RGB capture is useless when your source is video that was ever lossy-compressed, like your broadcast sources.

Did you see this?
    https://lpokeh.blogspot.kr/2014/03/review-capture-cards-what-i-used.html

Originally Posted by 'Pandora Box for Technical Experience' Korean blogger
    I have no experience about new 1080p60f internal capture card, skydigital supercast X6, which is using PCI-E 4x(actually 2x bandwidth) from Korea. This one unofficially support HDCP-stripping function as once skydigital did . To striping HDCP, find 3 keys of "HDCP" keyword in registry editor then modify the value from 0 to 1. But I don't recommend of this one, it's very unstable in certain system and has many of bugs in firmware/driver, still has many problems. (checked 2014/08/08) Some few reviewer saying "normally functional", but many people saying "have some compatibility problem in my PC". I have experience of some devices by this vendor, always feel ******* unstable.

(2015/6/12 added)
    Found from other review, when the card is in 4x slot, it should be checked first motherboard has included PLX switch for pci express slot. If so then fine or unstable.

For 16x slot, it seems like fine in this state (using lastest driver).

Conclusion
    Please don't buy skydigital devices. It's sucks.

But you CAN then take the uncompressed video + LPCM 5.1 you've just recorded on the Blackmagic software, stick it in VirtualDub or OBS or something similar and THEN losslessly compress it right? Just checking!
    I don't remember how VDub handles multichannel PCM in AVI.

How are you planning to archive and watch these giant lossless captures, anyway?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Whew...vaporeon, thanks yet again for the great links and info! Your latest links reiterate XXXXX's personal experience (BSOD etc.), and I've definitively concluded that the external Skydigital CaptureX6 is a non-option. Your links also show that the Skydigital U6t is a non-option, because it appears to only do lossy compression with an h.264 encoder. But it seems like I'm a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place, because I need a card that captures DD AC3 5.1 or DD LPCM 5.1. It would be great to get some input from XXXXX as to if perhaps the Skydigital external U3.0 capture card might be less buggy than the internal CaptureX6?

It sounds like I'm basically on my own in terms of support from either Skydigital or Blackmagic. Maybe it's finally time to finally follow JVRaines' advice and TRY either the Skydigital external U3.0 or Blackmagic IP4K from a vendor with a liberal return policy. B&H Photo has a 30 day return policy for the IP4K and the Korean ebay vendor has a 30 day return policy for the U3.0.

How are you planning to archive and watch these giant lossless captures, anyway?
    Well... I have the capability of expanding up to 192 TB of HDD space on my computer (without RAID 1 mirroring). By KarMa's calculations earlier in this thread of 90GB of video/hr using lossless compression, I would have up to about 2133 hours of video storage space on my computer. I’m actually hoping for > than 2133 hours, because KarMa’s calculations were based on 1080p30, and I will mainly be working with 1080i & 720p videos. Some will be 480p, and a few will be 480i or analog. That should last me for a while. And I should also mention that due to your, KarMa and usually_quiet's excellent advice, this morning I ordered a 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD to use exclusively for capturing/writing these video files.

Could anyone confirm that I would mainly be operating within an 8 bit YUV12 4:2:0 colorspace?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Ah, so archiving is no concern indeed. And you have a PC connected to your storage that's hooked up to your AV receiver?

Why the Intensity Pro 4K as your Blackmagic choice? The Decklink Mini Recorder is cheaper and you don't have to worry about the presence of a fan.

I’m actually hoping for > than 2133 hours, because KarMa’s calculations were based on 1080p30, and I will mainly be working with 1080i & 720p videos.
    1080p30 has the same data rate as 1080i. They are both 1920x1080 @ 29.97fps. 720p60 is a little lower.

this morning I ordered a 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD to use exclusively for capturing/writing these video files.
    Nice.

Could anyone confirm that I would mainly be operating within an 8 bit YUV12 4:2:0 colorspace?
    I guess you mean YV12, which is just the FOURCC for a particular byte order of 8-bit YUV 4:2:0 data. Yes, I would target that as your archive medium with lossless compression, but it isn't an option for capturing with Blackmagic's software.

Even if you use other hardware/software, I would avoid trying to capture 1080i in 4:2:0 unless you can carefully control the subsampling method used. There is an ongoing thread where the user just switched from 4:2:0 capture to 4:2:2 because he was informed of mangled chroma.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Iīve had so far 3 Skydigital cards, SKY-CXHDMIP CaptureX HDMI, SKY-CXHDMIU3 U3 and SKY-CXHDMIP-60F Sky Capture X6.
    They all record AC3, they are all(!) flaky. (random BSOD)
    With Windows 8 and Windows 10 tested, doesnīt matter, Iīll get sooner or later a BSOD.
    So if you want to record with a Skydigital take e.g. the U3 USB3.0 device, because you can plug it out and your PC wonīt crash. (no card=no crash)
    If you plug the U3 USB capture device in there will be occasional BSOD (with my PC, I dont know, perhaps your PC performs better? or more stable?

If you want something stable than you must choose the Hauppauge Collossus 2 for AC3 recording but with a compressed video.

A toslink hdmi injector wouldnīt help you also because what will you inject? 2 channel pcm or 5.1 channel BITSTREAM dts/ac3 (no 5.1 lpcm) which canīt be decoded with your capture card except e.g. Skydigital.

What you really need is e.g. a 5.1 bitstream to 5.1 lpcm converter. If anybody knows (a cheap) one please let us know?!
    Last edited by xxxxx; 30th May 2017 at 16:04.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Ah, so archiving is no concern indeed. And you have a PC connected to your storage that's hooked up to your AV receiver?
    Yes. Believe it or not, all of the storage is within the PC itself. It's a monster, you could practically use it to run the CIA. The $70 sound card is fairly average, though. It has a TOSLINK out connection as well as three 3.5mm line out jacks that look like they combine to do 5.1. I guess I could always upgrade if I need to.

Why the Intensity Pro 4K as your Blackmagic choice? The Decklink Mini Recorder is cheaper and you don't have to worry about the presence of a fan.
    I guess I like the HDMI out and breakout connections on the IP4K that the Decklink Mini Recorder doesn't have and I don't ever see myself needing an SDI input. I also like the capability of having 2160p30 recording capability, in case UHD OTA comes sooner than I think. Re the fan, this thing has fans galore, 3 on top of the tower and the video card even comes with its own fan. So I don't think adding one more fan is going to make a difference. You'd be surprised how quiet they all run though. Is the IP4K fan unusually loud?

Even if you use other hardware/software, I would avoid trying to capture 1080i in 4:2:0 unless you can carefully control the subsampling method used. There is an ongoing thread where the user just switched from 4:2:0 capture to 4:2:2 because he was informed of mangled chroma.
    Sheesh!! Poor jaibubwan seems to be trapped in his own personal hell in that other thread at the moment. I'm surprised he hasn't jumped off the CN Tower! All of a sudden, an occasional blue screen of death with the Skydigital card doesn't seem that bad!

Anyway, is there any downside to capturing 8 bit YUV 4:2:0 as 10 bit YUV 4:2:2 with BM IP4K other than unnecessarily larger file sizes? And XXXXX brings up a very relevant point about me using Blackmagic products for my primary goal of recording 5.1 audio + uncompressed video. I don't just need an HDMI injector, I need a 5.1 bitstream to 5.1 lpcm converter. Is there even such a thing?

XXXXX, thanks so much for all of that info. Very helpful. I've heard some good things about the utvideo codec, but does the external Skydigital U3.0 software allow you to use or import any other lossless compression codecs? Have you had A-V sync or dropped frame or quality issues with either of the Skydigital cards? And have you had any experience with Skydigital support?

A toslink hdmi injector wouldnīt help you also because what will you inject? 2 channel pcm or 5.1 channel BITSTREAM dts/ac3 (no 5.1 lpcm) which canīt be decoded with your capture card except e.g. Skydigital.What you really need is e.g. a 5.1 bitstream to 5.1 lpcm converter. If anybody knows (a cheap) one please let us know?!
    Wow, great point. I guess I missed that. That creates a large problem for me with the Blackmagic option. Have you ever even heard of such a thing as a 5.1 bitstream to 5.1 lpcm converter?
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by xxxxx View Post
    Does that mean that you can hear multichannel sound (5.1) with the Magewell card but you canīt record it due to lag of software currently avaiable?! Also with the beta software no multichannel lpcm recording support?...I will know soon, Iīve bought one today.
    Forgive me for any delay, I didn't get notified of this response.

I'm an amateur, so I may explain things poorly. Forgive that.
    No, you can't hear it from the front-end apps like MageWell's recording app or popular ones like OBS/XSplit.
    For whatever reason, they only play back certain channels...giving you incomplete audio.

But in the card properties, you can "see" the channels.
    To capture it, I explained in the other topic:
    Originally Posted by jaibubwan View Post
    I do know there is a little app in the MageWell *legacy* SDK which captures it as Wav files.
    A few months ago, I used it to capture a certain internet VOD's multichannel audio.
    My memory's a little foggy on this, but iirc it saved each "channel" in a separate Wav file.

Obviously, the problem is you have to put it all back together...and as this topic demonstrates...way above my pay-grade!
    If you were somewhat of an expert though, I assume it wouldn't be impossible.
    --------

Sheesh!! Poor jaibubwan seems to be trapped in his own personal hell in that other thread at the moment. I'm surprised he hasn't jumped off the CN Tower! All of a sudden, an occasional blue screen of death with the Skydigital card doesn't seem that bad!
    Not true! Huge development last night in terms of picture quality, color, frame rate decimation, and OBS!
    Will post samples based on my crazy experiments soon.

Never give up!
    Last edited by jaibubwan; 31st May 2017 at 16:08.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi with HD Capture HD CaptureU3.0 Skydigital (USB) you can also use Magic YUV or Lagarith or .... to record uncompressed video with the capture software.
    I only made a few recordings about a year ago for testing purposes and all were fine with lossless video (ut video) and ac3 audio. Everything in sync AFAIK. No problems with capturing A/V.
    I made two recordings for you.
    See pic
    [Attachment 41785 - Click to enlarge]

The customer service of Skydigital is also great
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by end-user View Post
    ....external Skydigital CaptureX6 is a non-option....
    FYI its an internal PCI Express x2 Card. SKY-CXHDMIP-60F
    http://www.skyok.co.jp/product.php?code=616
    Driver Link:
    http://drv.skyok.co.kr/skytv/
    Quote Quote  
  28. Thanks XXXXX! I think I'm going to give the Skydigital USB U3.0 a shot. I guess I can always return it within 30 days if it's too buggy or flaky.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    I just want to clarify when I say that I couldn't get the Intensity Pro 4K to capture bitstreamed audio: I didn't try very hard. My digital AV sources are in a bit of disarray at the moment and I haven't had the card installed in months, or I would try again for you.

But I suggest trying the Korean card anyway, if the price isn't too much more. The method with Blackmagic would involve having to demux, decode, and remux every single video you capture even if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  30. OK, thanks vaporeon. And thanks for all of your great advice with this! Much appreciated. I'll give the Korean Skydigital external U3.0 card a chance. I can always fall back to the Blackmagic option if necessary. Is there no such thing then as a device that converts TOSLINK DD AC3 5.1 output to DD LPCM 5.1 in line on the fly, which can then be input to an HDMI injector?
    Quote Quote