VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What am I doing wrong? A setting? Different software?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ripped how? What if you play the rip in e.g. MPC-HC? What version of HandBrake? Activity log? Sample?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Ripped how? What if you play the rip in e.g. MPC-HC? What version of HandBrake? Activity log? Sample?
    Does not play in MPC-HC (downloaded the latest portable version and tried).

Newest version of Handbrake

Not sure how to create log.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's a sample (the entire video is like this): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUFWF4D5Keg
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You ripped this DVD? How?

Could be something as simple as the copy protections have not been negated and your rip is garbage.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's what it looks like to me, too - that it wasn't decrypted. You can't just copy the VOBs over to the hard drive. The DVD has to be decrypted properly first.

I don't use it, but Handbrake doesn't decrypt, does it? So, what, if anything, was used to transfer the DVD to the hard drive?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    You ripped this DVD? How?

Could be something as simple as the copy protections have not been negated and your rip is garbage.
    I tried ripping with Handbrake following this tutorial.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to the tutorial link you provided, you also require another .dll for Handbrake to rip a protected dvd.

And reading the comments in the link many have problems.

Just use a standard ripper and not something that was not designed for the task. You've been a member here long enough to know that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    According to the tutorial link you provided, you also require another .dll for Handbrake to rip a protected dvd.

And reading the comments in the link many have problems.

Just use a standard ripper and not something that was not designed for the task. You've been a member here long enough to know that.
    What standard ripper do you suggest?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This one:

https://www.videohelp.com/software/DVDFab-Decrypter

And when you have your files properly decrypted on your hard-drive then you can think about Handbrake.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The link page on this domains states that DVDFab-Decrypter is freeware but it doesn't seem to be. Is it not free to decrypt with that program?
    Quote Quote  
  12. The decrypter part is free.
    Quote Quote