VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello.
    I have a problem which is getting a bit annoying, and I thought to ask here in case anyone knows.
    I generally play my Blurays on pc on powerDVD.
    In 5-6 Blurays i was experiencing some popping sounds in the DTS-HD MA audio (in the same spot when i played again the scenes in question), but then I played the blurays with MPC-HC and then the problem was solved. (I used AC3filter).

I'm playing now a bluray (UK Jaws 2) and there's often popping sounds (eg. two at 45.53'' and 45.58'') and no matter what software I use (powerDVD, MPC, Leawo player, WinDVD) the popping sounds are there in the exact same spot.
    (of course the other audio options with the dubs in DTS don't have those pops)

Does anyone know how could I solve the problem?
    I have a Soundblaster X-FI Platinum audio card and Windows 7 64bit.

Found this
    http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230481
    But don't know if and how I could apply it to my situation.
    Last edited by thinredline; 16th May 2017 at 17:06.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Audio output over HDMI to an AVR (Audio Video Receiver) which supports DTS-HD MA.

I don't know that any PC based hardware decodes DTS-HD MA, so if the player is actually playing that track, it's likely using a software decoder.

I will also add, that unless you are using an AVR and decent speakers, it's a waste of time to even troubleshoot as you aren't likely to hear the difference between DD5.1 or HD audio with most computer speaker systems (and many home theater setups).

Otherwise, decoding issues are typically random. If you repeatable issues at a specific point during playback, that sounds like a disc issue.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks for your reply.
    I don't have HDMI and receiver and such things.

The thing is, that i checked some online versions of the film (bluray rips) and they all have the same pops in the same spots.
    But i didn't read any review mentioning such a thing.
    My DVD doesn't have them in case anyone thinks it's a source issue.
    Last edited by thinredline; 18th May 2017 at 21:01.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Two things to note here:

1) Blu-Ray discs and DVD discs are different. Sure they are the same size and shape, but Blu-Ray discs are not "DVD's".

2) If the pops are present in the other sources as well, then it's an indication of an issue with the production of that Blu-Ray. So there isn't anything that you can do to fix it.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote