VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello. I'm looking for a video cutter software that can batch trim large video files down to only 10 seconds per clip for every minute length of video, I think what I need is a batch converter for this so anything you guys can suggest and recommend me would be fine! I tried using xilisofts video cutter 2 for this purpose but it didn't support batch trimming and I want something that's preferably easy, not time consuming and has an automated process from start to finish of video files.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Softwares like mkvmerge or ffmpeg (and I think even SolveigMM Video Splitter) have options to split via CLI. You might be able to write scripts to automate what you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Softwares like mkvmerge or ffmpeg (and I think even SolveigMM Video Splitter) have options to split via CLI. You might be able to write scripts to automate what you want.
    Thanks, I'll try those! Do they support mp4 videos? That's the format I'm primarily working with right now and I don't know how to write my own scripts for these tasks unfortunately.
    Quote Quote  
  4. ffmpeg and SolveigMM Video Splitter support mp4 input and ouput. mkvmerge supports mp4 input but will output mkv.

But I fear if you cannot write (batch) scripts they won't be useful to you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    ffmpeg and SolveigMM Video Splitter support mp4 input and ouput. mkvmerge supports mp4 input but will output mkv.

But I fear if you cannot write (batch) scripts they won't be useful to you.
    I see, well are there any hand made scripts online I can download and maybe try to edit for use with those tools?
    Quote Quote