VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, i downloaded a film the other day from another site, which i do all the time, but this morning i got a copyright infringement alert from virgin media, with the information of the film i downloaded, basically telling me about the get it right campaign saying they contacted virgin from the owners of the film i downloaded, saying i was sharing it without permission., This is the first time ive ever had one of these, i actually downloaded the full bluray a couple of years ago, and never got one of these

Has anyone ever had one of these, are they genuine, and is it something i have to worry about, and is there anyway i can secure my broadband to make sure i dont get anymore

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Most ISPs in the UK are obliged to contact you, if requested to, on behalf of the rightsholders. This usually applies to those using torrent clients.
    I assume you did download via torrent? Those downloading via ddl are less likely to be 'discovered'. Then again, everything you download, every site you access, every link you click and every item you peruse is recorded somewhere as a formality (it's the law). Most sites record your IP when you visit. You're basically tracked every time you go online these days.
    The UK's Digital Economy Bill is now up and running. Though new and untested, there is a distinct possiblility that users of torrent clients could/might get ten years imprisonment. Just have to wait and see who cops it first.

Look into VPN. Not condoning piracy, just advocating actively pursuing the anonymity of the individual from increasingly paranoid governments.

https://torrentfreak.com/10-years-in-jail-for-internet-pirates-now-reality-in-the-uk-170501/
    Last edited by transporterfan; 13th May 2017 at 11:22.

3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy the movie instead.