VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im putting together a project of a Cold War Warning System which will play warning sounds in MP3 format, sampled from a Documentary made on the subject, however the main sample I need, has the sound of something being smashed included in the clip. Is there anyway of somehow removing this unwanted sound......If this is not possible Im intending to record my own vocal track, but it requires altering as though it was being broadcast down an old telephone line in a similar manner to the sample, is there a program that has such a filter to allow me to do this.....

ATTACK RED 1.mp3
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't think the noise can be removed. There's no frequency separation, as both signals are highly distorted.

> altering as though it was being broadcast down an old telephone line

Yes, that can be done in Audacity.
    1. High pass, 150Hz
    2. Low pass, 3000 Hz
    3. Distortion -- for example, try these:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/DistortionOverdrive-Effect-in-Audacity/
    1. Effect, Audacity, Leveller.
    * Degree of Leveling = Heaviest
    * Threshold Noise = -35 dB
    2. Effect, Repeat Leveller
    3. Effect, Audacity, Leveller.
    * Degree of Leveling = Heaviest
    * Threshold Noise = -50 dB
    (this one is really too strong for your purposes)

MORE DISTORTION EFFECTS
    Effect, LADSPA, Diode Processor
    * Mode = 1.0 (half wave)

Effect, LADSPA, ViNil (Vinyl Effect)
    * Year = 1931

Effect, LADSPA, Valve Saturation
    * Level = 1.0
    * Character = 0.0
    Quote Quote  
  3. Crash sound removal: ain't happenin'. Distortion can be achieved by blowing out the peaks with the Amplify filter (allow clipping, work in integers, not floating point), then lowpass, highpass filtering.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th May 2017 at 19:24.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the educated advice chaps, I have used a TEXT to SPEECH clip, and am going to apply Raffriff's advice. Thanks again!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This software would probably do it - great for forensic work and a whole lot more however the price is really not for a one off situation, maybe you might approach a professional studio that's will to assist? https://www.izotope.com/en/products/repair-and-edit/rx/rx-advanced.html
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote