VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got sometimes video files in MP4 format which contain ads (at the beginning, at the end and in the mid).

Now I search a simple, portable video editor which let me delete such ad chunks WITHOUT re-encoding the full video.

For a precise positioning onto the start and end frame for the interval to cut/delete the video editor needs
    a comfortable frame-wise forward/backward stepping.

After having deleted some chunks I just want to select "Save" to save the remaining stuff into a new *.mp4 file.

I need no other, advanced features like fade in/out or resolution change or colorization or whatever....

Since I want to run that tool from USB flash drive the video editing sofwtare should be portable.

In the past there was the famous "VirtualDub" editor for that purpose.

Unfortunately this tool does not work for MP4 files.

Maybe someone can recommend me an alternative video editor for that task

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your post defines VideoRedo. It even contains an "ad detector."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Your post defines VideoRedo. It even contains an "ad detector."
    FWIW That is what I use for lossless editing as described too.
    I wonder if the OP is looking for free however?

Good Luck
    Roger
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by TBoneit View Post
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    I could care less if he is looking for free. I simply wanted to tell him what I thought was the best tool for the job. VideoRedo isn't that much money. People need to quit thinking that all software should be free. Yes, there is some great free software; there is great shareware; and there is great software for which you pay money. The commercial software tends to have a lot more depth (fuller-featured) and, with the good stuff, a far better UI.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    Originally Posted by TBoneit View Post
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    I could care less if he is looking for free. I simply wanted to tell him what I thought was the best tool for the job. VideoRedo isn't that much money. People need to quit thinking that all software should be free. Yes, there is some great free software; there is great shareware; and there is great software for which you pay money. The commercial software tends to have a lot more depth (fuller-featured) and, with the good stuff, a far better UI.
    I agree and the interface is so easy to use to precisely find what to Cut, Well worth the money IMO.
    TBoneit
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote