VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD stopped working on win 8.1 pro it says closed program. i tried from Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 4.0.4.114 to Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0.1.112 different versions but all stops working. i am trying to edit mp4 file. i tried it on different mp4 files but same problem. why the program closes.please help me.
    any alternative to Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It works on 7 and 10, maybe a problem with your computer?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. no there is no problem with my computer. please help me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it the trial version or have you purchased it?

If you have purchased it then get in touch with MPEG Video Wizard for help.

If you have had the trial version and the trial period has run out, it probably blocks your computer from simply reinstalling another copy to start a new trial period. If that is the case you need to buy it with a new password key.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. no it is trial version. and i have 20 days remaining.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Fire off an email to Womble explaining the situation and include as many details of your computer and operating system, including the amount of RAM you have etc.

support@womble.com
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Fire off an email to Womble explaining the situation and include as many details of your computer and operating system, including the amount of RAM you have etc.

support@womble.com
    sent email to them more than 10 days ago and still no reply from them
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you have some junk or unwanted entries in your registry?
    You could run a check and clean out unneeded entries? Carefully!
    Possibly a crucial helper file in Womble has become corrupted so uninstall and do a fresh install?

The problem really seems like your computer unfortunately it's a bit like 'how long is a piece of string'
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Possibly a crucial helper file in Womble has become corrupted so uninstall and do a fresh install?

The problem really seems like your computer unfortunately it's a bit like 'how long is a piece of string'
    i have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Womble support leaves a lot to be desired, it may be wise to forget it and try VideoRedo.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aks020 View Post
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post

i have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
    Not sure but I think before re-installing it you may have to remove all references to it in your Registry - there seems to be something in your computer blocking or closing it down before the trial period finishes? The suggestion about VideoRedo is good enough in itself but doesn't allow multiple tracks, like separate video and audio tracks, a wide range of video fx and a V/O track and titles etc. Womble is basically a cut down Video editing and mixing program like a very poor relative of Vegas!! VideoRedo is excellent for removing commercials from off air recordings and fixing errors in transmission etc. Different function to what you need.
    Quote Quote  
  12. [QUOTE=netmask56;2486219]
    Originally Posted by aks020 View Post
    The suggestion about VideoRedo is good enough in itself but doesn't allow multiple tracks, like separate video and audio tracks, a wide range of video fx and a V/O track and titles etc. Womble is basically a cut down Video editing and mixing program like a very poor relative of Vegas!! VideoRedo is excellent for removing commercials from off air recordings and fixing errors in transmission etc. Different function to what you need.
    Maybe so but I didn't see anything in this thread about his uses plus Womble support does leave a lot to be desired.

In that case, maybe he should use one of the moviestudio editions.

OP, try Womble on a different computer if you have one however, I would think there is something wrong with your computer and/or computer settings.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would say that if Windows 8 closed the program for what ever reason,
    it's probably worth opening up the event viewer and checking the application and system messages -
    there may be a clue right there.

Secondly, what is the exact verbiage of the close message ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Just wanted to add to this that it I have used wobble since xp days and it's always been fine up until about a few months ago. Regardless of new or old version MP4/mov files made by a phone crash the program. Likewise normal mpeg2 content acts glitchy (95% of the time) and rarely works (doing any editing and other normal functions). I am running Win 7 ultimate, 64. I have a strong feeling it's not the program but rather some component Microsoft possibly updated or changed (and you would get from windows updates) that is giving wobble an issue in working properly. So in some way it may not mean anything is wrong with your computer but rather Womble needing an update to address this
    Quote Quote