VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, can anyone help me. I am trying to rip my copy of Spider-Man 2 and I can not find the movie file. The biggest file is only 7 minutes and 30 seconds long. How do I find the file I need when programs like Handbreak, WinX DVD ripper platinum and Make MKV can not find the file? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming a BD disc, try BDInfo. It will show the playlist .mpls files for the main movie.
    Some BDs break the main movie into a bunch of small files, though not usually as short as 7 minutes.

Then I usually open the correct .mpls file in txMuxeRGUI.exe and save out as a .ts file, then convert that.
    Last edited by redwudz; 2nd May 2017 at 16:36.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No it is not a Blu-fay it is a normal DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry. Then it just has some four or five VOB files that are 4GB or a bit less.
    Not sure why any video software would have difficulty with that, unless the DVD wasn't decrypted properly.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try the free trial of DVDfab PASSKEY
    its just a decrypter
    it runs in the back ground, then use another program like DVDshrink to actully copy the movie to HD folder, after that you can convert with any program of your choosing, including handbrake

dvdFab has several products, you just want the free version of PASSKEY (passkey lite ?)

dvdfab copier reipper converter etc.. is good software, but you should Not need that for in this situation
    Quote Quote  
  6. I will give Passkey a try.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Well thanks for the help. Installing Passkey worked.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to oblige
    Quote Quote